WWE TLC 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

Just watched Nash HHH and bit confused by what people liked about it? If anything it reminded me of the old occasional Undertaker Kane matches it was so methodical (read dull) and with such a dead crowd for the most part. I didn't buy the hatred and that pedigree was bowling shoe ugly.

Seems odd they didn't do the Ziggler match and perhaps the Daniel Bryan win on the Survivor Series show where 5 times as many people would have seen it. Anyhow loads of face champions going into Christmas.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice to see Bryan's cash in be successfull after all the rumors that e would be first to fail. Hate the logic of the winner being cashed in on, surely it would have made more sense to have cashed in in an injured Henry , than a baby face big show

Do you mean the storyline logic or the booking logic?

Storyline wise... Big Show was unconscious wasn't he? So make sense for him to cash in vs. Big Show.

Booking logic... maybe we're going to see a heel turn from old Daniel Bryan?

Seems odd they didn't do the Ziggler match and perhaps the Daniel Bryan win on the Survivor Series show where 5 times as many people would have seen it. Anyhow loads of face champions going into Christmas.

I would imagine it was a business decision. After all the Rock's PPV in ring return is big enough for Survivor Series and didn't require any other draws. Better to save some of the better fueds for one of the smaller PPVs I guess.

• Paid Members
Nash vs HHH was great. One of my favourite matches this year. You should definitely DL it Fruitcorner.

Oh for sure, was gutted I missed it as it was the match I was looking forward to the most. I'll record the replay on SBO

Henry's loss...

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish...e10022382.shtml

WWE star Mark Henry is nursing an injury that is said to have led to him dropping the World Hvt. Championship at Sunday's TLC pay-per-view. A source described the injury as a pull in the groin area, and noted that it was suffered during his match against John Cena during Monday's Raw. Testing done during the week revealed that the injury was more severe than was originally believed.

Powell's POV: The majority of the creative forces in the company wanted to give Henry an easier schedule for a few weeks to let the injury heal. However, Vince McMahon is said to have made the call to book the title change and was described as being less than sympathetic regarding Henry's injury.

We'll have some very interesting additional details on this breaking news story in the Dot Net Member exclusive audio review of WWE TLC later tonight. You can listen to all Dot Net audio on the ad-free version of the site by signing up for membership via

Fucking gutted.

Mark Henry injured what a shame.

Really good PPV that tailed off somewhat towards the end.

Opener was top stuff, crowd helped to make it but it was a really good match and a nice moment at the end that had been well built to. Bonus tag was a great little match, AirBoom were as good as ever and Epico/Primo were impressive, would like to see another between these teams. Table match was good fun, similar to Orton's with Miz last year, finish could have looked a little better but it was one the few 'out of nowhere' RKO's that I wasn't expecting.

HHH VS Nash was fucking fantastic, match of the night for me. Whether me having not much hope for it makes a difference i'm not sure but they had a belter and loads of respect to both guys who worked their arses off. Working on Nash's knee was done well and HHH took a few good bumps into/onto Ladders. Thought it was paced nicely and was a bit different from the norm for Ladder matches. Kudos to Nash for bumping off a ladder through a table! never thought i'd be typing that, what a guy he is. Shame the pedigree was a little messed up, would have probably been better to just carry on with the hammer anyway rather than stop for a pedigree. Still a top match and certainly a memorable one.

Show seemed to go slightly downhill for me after this. Sheamus/Swagger was basic filler and Rhodes/Booker was fine. Chairs match was pretty rubbish but I thought there may be an injury and it seems there was. A real shame as it could have been a great end to great feud, hope Henry's injury isn't too bad, he's been healthy for ages now compared to a few years back. The cash-in was a surprise and another nice moment that was well received, interesting to see where they go next with D.Bryan.

TLC was very good but not great and not as good as last year's 4-way for me. Less seem to happen on the ladder than normal. They still did some good and different stuff though and that Ricardo bump was scary.

Overall a very good end to a fantastic PPV for year for the WWE.

Henry's loss...

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish...e10022382.shtml

WWE star Mark Henry is nursing an injury that is said to have led to him dropping the World Hvt. Championship at Sunday's TLC pay-per-view. A source described the injury as a pull in the groin area, and noted that it was suffered during his match against John Cena during Monday's Raw. Testing done during the week revealed that the injury was more severe than was originally believed.

Powell's POV: The majority of the creative forces in the company wanted to give Henry an easier schedule for a few weeks to let the injury heal. However, Vince McMahon is said to have made the call to book the title change and was described as being less than sympathetic regarding Henry's injury.

We'll have some very interesting additional details on this breaking news story in the Dot Net Member exclusive audio review of WWE TLC later tonight. You can listen to all Dot Net audio on the ad-free version of the site by signing up for membership via

Fucking gutted.

Mark Henry injured what a shame.

Go fuck yourself with a jagged splintered broom handle. You're just the worst type of fan.

• Paid Members

Nash v Triple H was alright, but nothing amazing. It was a nice change of pace from the norm though. The whole team did well to hide Nash fucking up the first Pedigree. Triple H being a master, managed to get the crowd back into it too, as they were laughing. Fun match.

I really enjoyed the main event. The hand cuff thing was a nice touch and some of the spots looked brutal (in a good way). Any word on poor Ricardo? It looked like he landed on his shoulder.

I was gutted when Henry lost, I'm even more bummed that he's injured again. Hopefully WWE don't lose faith in him. Well chuffed for D Bryan, can't see him having it long though.

Archived