WWE TLC 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great little card, so I hope the show does well. There are a couple of highly anticipated matches in here including Nash vs HHH and Ziggler vs Ryder, so I hope this gets a decent buyrate, particular for Ziggler & Ryders sake.

Does anyone have predictions of there own?

Tables, Ladders and Chairs Match For The WWE Title

CM Punk

Really great show to see out the year. Ryder wins in a good opener (finally) which the crowd eats up, Nash on a ppv which was solid, Bryan cash-in with no immediate reversal of decision and Punk retains in an entertaining main event. 2011 has been very good for the company, so much has happened and new people have been pushed while others are just about ready to make an impact.

I've spent many years regretting staying up for ppvs but this year I feel like I've been rewarded come 4am consistently :) It will be a shame if the numbers suck for this show with it being Xmas and people deciding to save their cash or the old problem of it being one ppv too many or too close to the previous one.

Also, no mention of or appearance of Cena...strange or what?

• Moderators

Henry's loss...

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish...e10022382.shtml

WWE star Mark Henry is nursing an injury that is said to have led to him dropping the World Hvt. Championship at Sunday's TLC pay-per-view. A source described the injury as a pull in the groin area, and noted that it was suffered during his match against John Cena during Monday's Raw. Testing done during the week revealed that the injury was more severe than was originally believed.

Powell's POV: The majority of the creative forces in the company wanted to give Henry an easier schedule for a few weeks to let the injury heal. However, Vince McMahon is said to have made the call to book the title change and was described as being less than sympathetic regarding Henry's injury.

We'll have some very interesting additional details on this breaking news story in the Dot Net Member exclusive audio review of WWE TLC later tonight. You can listen to all Dot Net audio on the ad-free version of the site by signing up for membership via

Fucking gutted.

• Paid Members

Good glory, that was brilliant. Each match had its own merit, and without meaning to sound like a Cena hater, the PPV was quite refreshing without him in it. Definitely one of the best that the WWE have put out this year.

Good old Ricardo. ~

Edit:

The majority of the creative forces in the company wanted to give Henry an easier schedule for a few weeks to let the injury heal. However, Vince McMahon is said to have made the call to book the title change and was described as being less than sympathetic regarding Henry's injury.

Bit of a bugger if true, he was fairly decent in his short run. Probably my imagination running away, but if the "unsympathetic" thing was legit, it could be down to Vince being irked that Henry got injured (again) while being champion or that other people have wrestled with worse. I can totally understand that logic, I mean it's not like they've ever let a champion with a groin injury retain the title after doing next to fuck all.

• Paid Members

Was a decent show. Not bad, but not great. Fell asleep at one point, during Divas match I think, so missed Triple H vs Nash.

US title match was good and TLC was also highly enjoyable. Totally shocked that Henry lost, in a fairly short match too. I think they could've gone longer and had a better match. Very surprised Bryan cashed in and won. Where do they go from here? Part of me sees a Mysterio/Swagger type jobber title reign.

Solid show though, for the parts I stayed awake for.

• Paid Members

Nash/HHH was fucking outstanding. One of the best ladder matches in recent years. No easily telegraphed climbing the ladder spots, just pure, believable hatred from start to finish.

Booker T is still a laughably bad wrestler. "NYAAAGGHHH, NYAAAAGGGHHH, HHHOOOOO-AAAAAHHHH!" At least it got him off comentary and stopped him ruining everything else on the show, though.

Nice to see Bryan's cash in be successfull after all the rumors that e would be first to fail. Hate the logic of the winner being cashed in on, surely it would have made more sense to have cashed in in an injured Henry , than a baby face big show

Archived