WWE TLC 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Now it's the day of the show, I'm not super-optimistic for this getting a decent buyrate. No Cena and the comedown from Rock headlining Survivor Series could harm it, on top of the fact that the three guys in what I assume will be the main event don't quite feel like true upper-echelon main-eventers yet (although two of them are well on their way).

That said, I think I'll probably enjoy everything on the card. Even HHH and Nash could be car-crash fun. The one match I'm really wary of is Henry and Show. I've enjoyed their past encounters for what they were, but I'm not sure how much more they can really do, and whilst the chair is a logical move considering its significance in their feud, I can't see it adding much. But we'll see. Maybe we can make a drinking game out of it - maybe one shot every time they tease the leg-break-chair-stomp thing, down your drinks if show punches the chair out of Henry's hands?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That said, I think I'll probably enjoy everything on the card. Even HHH and Nash could be car-crash fun. The one match I'm really wary of is Henry and Show. I've enjoyed their past encounters for what they were, but I'm not sure how much more they can really do, and whilst the chair is a logical move considering its significance in their feud, I can't see it adding much. But we'll see. Maybe we can make a drinking game out of it - maybe one shot every time they tease the leg-break-chair-stomp thing, down your drinks if show punches the chair out of Henry's hands?

I don't think it will be that bad at all. The last two chair matches have been absolutely dreadful. Its a crappy gimmick, especially seeing as for the most part, one can only deliver a chair to the back nowadays. At least with Henry/Show, there is a story behind using the chair. If they don't tease the leg spot too much as you say, it should be at least as good as their last two encounters.

I don't think it will be that bad at all. The last two chair matches have been absolutely dreadful. Its a crappy gimmick, especially seeing as for the most part, one can only deliver a chair to the back nowadays. At least with Henry/Show, there is a story behind using the chair. If they don't tease the leg spot too much as you say, it should be at least as good as their last two encounters.

The Batista/Undertaker one is almost as brilliant as their other three PPV matches, and even though it was filled with dodgy and corny stunts I feel the same about last year's Cena/Barrett one. And I am feeling very optimistic about tonight's one going from that and Show/Henry's past clashes, and the chair gimmick has been a huge part of the story going back 6 months.

I'd like to see Cena come down to try and help Ryder, but inadvertedly cost him the match.

This will keep Cena as a face, as he was trying to do the right thing, but get him more boos from the people that WWE want to boo him, that being all the type of fans the like Ryder. I think it would be genius!

Anyone else think they may be testing the water to see how a Cena-less buyrate goes? Almost as if to see how thye can do without a face Cena on the card? Probably not but it might still be interesting to see how it goes, their biggest talent not on the advertised card when hes ready and available.

The Batista/Undertaker one is almost as brilliant as their other three PPV matches, and even though it was filled with dodgy and corny stunts I feel the same about last year's Cena/Barrett one. And I am feeling very optimistic about tonight's one going from that and Show/Henry's past clashes, and the chair gimmick has been a huge part of the story going back 6 months.

Couldn't disagree more re: Taker/Batista, but I think that's because I still find it unforgivable that Batista was essentially disqualified for using a low blow.

Just ordered over the phone as I get the insufficent funds message again

The reason for the message is because you have gone over the limit and havn't been charged yet, I still havn't been charged for Hell in a Cell so until that comes on my bill I have to order over the phone and the event is added to the next bill, as I've already paid fpr Survivor Series and did get charge the

How many PPV's has Cena missed over the last 3/4 years? It can't be that many?

Well since they stopped brand-exclusive PPVs, I'd imagine the only events he has missed were while he was injured.

I think Dave Lagana posted something about this on Twitter a few days ago. The last time he wasn't advertised to appear on a PPV was Bragging Rights last year, though he was put in a tag team match on the night as part of Nexus. The last time he was healthy, wasn't advertised to appear and didn't appear was apparently Summerslam 2003, which seems utterly ridiculous.

Archived