UFC on Fox II

Adam619

• Paid Members
Say Bisping actually win's, would there be any chance of UFC doing the title fight over here in the UK? I can imagine that they could possible get a crowd of 25000+ for a British guy fighting for the title and I'm sure Bisping could do an amazing job of hyping the match

I believe the plan that they were aiming for was Chael to win one match get the first shot then Bisping beating Maia and getting the next shot in August in the UK. WIth that said though Bisping recently relocated to the States so Im not sure he'd be that bothered.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to this card. Evans vs Davis seeems to be getting a bit heated. Not sure if it's all for the Publicity of the figth because these 2 didn't seem to have any past or any dslike for each other prior to facing one anotherThinking about sticking a cheeky tenner on Bisping to win by KO/TKO

I hope Sonnen wins., but Bisping is by no means a tune up fight for Sonnen. I think Sonnen is better than Bisping boxing and wrestling, I also think Sonnen could submit Bisping like he did Brian Stann.

Bisping's best way to win would be to point score on the feet and avoid takedowns like the plague. I cannot see Bisping pulling a Anderson Silva from the bottom.

I think Rashad is a little too much for Davis at this point, I would not be shocked if Davis won but I think Rashad is too much of a decent striker for Davis to deal with.

I hope Sonnen wins., but Bisping is by no means a tune up fight for Sonnen. I think Sonnen is better than Bisping boxing and wrestling, I also think Sonnen could submit Bisping like he did Brian Stann.

What have you seen to make you think that?

What have you seen to make you think that?

The way he dropped Anderson Silva, and soundly outboxed Yushin Okami.

Also, Bisping does leave himself open quite a bit, he was dropped by Kang and Jorge Rivera landed some pretty good shots on him, neither of them are what I would consider elite strikers. I think Sonnen will get the better of the stand up exchange and land the more powerful shots unless Bisping has improved his defence.

• Paid Members

I'm extremely pumped for this weekend's card. Just a shame that it's a 3am start as opposed to 2am. Hoping Sonnen smashes Bisping and think that Evans will be too much for Davis.

If only there were a 'Countdown' show for this!

• Paid Members
Shit I was thinking of Lesnar/Reem but that wasn't Fox. They had a Primetime for JDS/Cain though didn't they?

Yeah, they had a primetime show for JDS/Cain, but they didn't have a countdown show. Some package to really hype saturday night's fights but be brilliant.

• Paid Members
Really?! I might take some of that. You honestly believe big Mike's got a chance Ebb?

i do. I think Bisping's in with a great shot. I think most people are assuming Sonnen's gonna lay on Bisping for 3 rounds and do his thing, but ive never seen anything in Bisping's game to think that's it'll be that cut & dry. I know Sonnen's takedown and top game seems on another level these days but even if Sonnen takes Bisping there i quite fancy Bisping to cause problems to Chael from his back. I also think Bisping's footwork standing is going to be key, Bisping's great at peppering guys and moving, i think he's going to outscore Chael over the 3 rounds and win a decision.

I know Bisping's never really been in with grinder like Chael before, but Bisping's had very good success against grappling orientated fighters.

Bisping's going to win, trust me!

As for the Maia/Weidman fight, i just don't see how they make Weidman the favourite, the guys 3-0 in the UFC and has looked great but he's defeated guys who aint known for having much cop on the ground. Now he's going in against probably the best jiu-jitsu player in MMA, i just don't see how they make him the favourite when his strength is Maia's strength also. Unless the bookies know something that we don't know, i just fancy Maia to give Weidman a bit of a schooling on the mat.

Archived