UFC on Fox II

Adam619

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Suprise is an understatement, 300. Why would Vince let his WWE Champion appear on his biggest rival's most important show to date?

It will get many more viewers than any RAW show gets and will get the WWE some publicity within MMA circles which is full of ex-wrestling fans who they would love to pull back in.

From WON/F4W:

Chael Sonnen confirmed last night that C.M. Punk would be in his corner for his 1/28 match with Mark Munoz at the United Center in Punk's home city of Chicago.

Punk was able to get the night off from a scheduled WWE house show in Evansville.

It has been a long time since a WWE star has cornered a UFC fighter, but Batista, Undertaker, Vampiro and other pro wrestlers have cornered big-name boxers including Manny Pacquiao and Erik Morales in recent years.

Whilst I will admit I was wrong, I'd like to just point out that it still remains a baffling buisness move.

Why? People didn't stop watching wrestling when Austin was on celebrity deathmatch. It's all gain in my eyes

Whilst I will admit I was wrong, I'd like to just point out that it still remains a baffling buisness move.

Why? People didn't stop watching wrestling when Austin was on celebrity deathmatch. It's all gain in my eyes

Agree, I don't see how it could be bad for business in any way.

• Paid Members

does anyone think this has nothing to do with business anyways? CM Punk's simply walking to the cage with Sonnen cause he's a fan and because it's in his hometown, maybe even a personal friend of Chaels?. Vince doesn't stop WWE wrestlers appearing at cageside, or stop them doing MMA-based interviews. This is simply two different things.

and how many wrestling fans are gonna tune in just to watch CM Punk walk to the cage, really?

• Paid Members
:)

I'm still suprised they're going to let the WWE champion miss a live event for a UFC show. I always thought Vince was shit hot on that.

I'm not sure if thats a joke but they are on different days.

Not sure what the fuss about either. I doubt we'll see much of Punk, he'll be walking behind Chael and the camera isn't going to be directly on him. Plus he's not going to be in his corner.

• Paid Members
does anyone think this has nothing to do with business anyways? CM Punk's simply walking to the cage with Sonnen cause he's a fan and because it's in his hometown, maybe even a personal friend of Chaels?. Vince doesn't stop WWE wrestlers appearing at cageside, or stop them doing MMA-based interviews. This is simply two different things.

and how many wrestling fans are gonna tune in just to watch CM Punk walk to the cage, really?

Yeah it's no big deal. Triple H has walked to the ring with Mayweather before and Batista with Pacquiao. Rey Mysterio walked out with someone aswell but I can't remember who's corner he was in.

The straight edge CM Punk accompanies confirmed drug cheat and convicted criminal to the cage for his fight :laugh:

Yeah he's a good boy Punk, he's just fallen in with the wrong crowd. No doubt Chael will have him up to all kinds of dodginess in no time :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived