UFC on Fox II

Adam619

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrible decision by UFC imo, I'm looking forward to watching it but still they're putting high risk to the possibility of one of the biggest fights available to them.

Munoz is more than capable of winning aswell, but I don't think anyone (whose last name isn't Munoz) would want to see Anderson/Munoz over Anderson/Sonnen 2.

I am not that worried I can see Sonnen winning this handily.

He is better at striking and maybe at wrestling as well. Plus Munoz is not as big a submission threat to trouble Sonnen. It may be boring and ugly, but I see Chael taking a clear cut points win.

Okami lay down a good blueprint for Sonnen to beat Munoz, Sonnen being a student of the game will know this.

• Paid Members

I suppose technically, they haven't said that there'll only be one fight on the main show this time, or that that's the main event. But if it is, then it's a big risk - almost like they're dipping a toe in the water to see just how many viewers Chael Sonnen can draw by gobbing off.

• Paid Members

Turns out the Sonnen/Munoz fight isn't official yet after all. It was reported as a done deal by BloodyElbow t'other day and then later they said it's not been signed yet.

I suppose technically, they haven't said that there'll only be one fight on the main show this time, or that that's the main event. But if it is, then it's a big risk - almost like they're dipping a toe in the water to see just how many viewers Chael Sonnen can draw by gobbing off.

It's deffo not a one fight main show this time. Dana said last week that there will be 4 fights televised for this one.

The rumoured card so far is

Chael Sonnen vs Mark Munoz

Diego Sanchez vs Jake Ellenberger

Demetrious Johnson vs Eddie Wineland

but none of them are confirmed yet and there's been mixed reports about whether Sonnen/Munoz and Sanchez/Ellenberger are happening or not. If they do you'd expect both them fights televised. Not sure about Mighty Mouse/Wineland or what the main event would be.

• Paid Members

Out of those, you'd imagine it'd be Sonnen/Munoz, being that it's a probable title eliminator. Actually, if they just out-and-out advertise it as that, it's a credible enough main event, ableit a big step down from a huge Heavyweight title fight. But then again, short of giving away another title fight free, what wouldn't be?

• Paid Members

I actually wouldn't mind Griffin vs Bonnar 3 at this stage. Bonnar's in the best form and shape he's been in years.

I think Sonnen/Munoz is fine as main event though. If they had that and Sanchez/Ellenberger as co-main event that's 2 title eliminators on top.

Then whack on 2 crowd pleasing fights, something like

Renan Barao vs Scott Jorgensen (another possible contenders fight)

and say Paul Taylor vs Jeremy Stephens or Sass vs Sotiropoulos or something

and you've got a sweet bunch of fights there

Archived