UFC on Fox II

Adam619

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

fucking hell! great stuff, they aint got much time to verbally spar but i think that's the fight that needed to happen. Munoz/Sonnen was kind of getting in the way of what people wanted to see, the UFC's onto a winner whoever wins next week now.

Maia/Palhares would be tremendous...or have Munoz fight Palhares on his return.

• Paid Members
Maia/Palhares would be tremendous...or have Munoz fight Palhares on his return.

I'd go for Maia vs Palhares, I really wanna see that. Munoz could be out a bit and Palhares is fresh. He's the best option and that fight makes sense anyway. Time to find out who's the submission king at 185. I hope Joe Silva is dialling Paul Harris on the phone as we type.

• Paid Members

Get in! I'll even watch that, since I only climb out of the closet when two big names who I like or know are fighting. Should be a belter. As Ebb said, its a shame this is announced so close to bell time, since we miss out on the months of this pair mouthing off at each other. Still a nice little surprise.

• Paid Members
Much more exciting main event :thumbsup:

It would be but I don't know if this will be the main event or if they're keeping Evans vs Davis as headliner. I'd rather they put Sonnen vs Bisping on top, it feels like a bigger deal and having that as a 5 rounder makes it very interesting when you consider Bisping's cardio is great and Sonnen often gets caught late in fights.

I suspect they'll stick with Evans vs Davis as main event though. They were promised the top spot plus Bisping and Sonnen have been training for 3 round fights so it's a bit unfair to tell them they're going 5 this close to fight time. I'm sure they'd both agree to it but it's probably not gonna happen.

If we do get that Maia vs Palhares fight then we'll be going from this as a main card

Evans vs Davis

Sonnen vs Munoz

Bisping vs Maia

to this

Evans vs Davis

Sonnen vs Bisping

Maia vs Palhares

that would be a result. I think that's a big improvement. I still don't think Phil Davis is ready for the main event level yet.

• Paid Members

ohhh, that's a bit of a curveball. No one really mentions Weidman when it comes to 185 contendership yet, but he's looked awesome in his 3 UFC fights so far. If he beats Maia he's gonna be knocking on the door of the top 5.

Great fight! Either Maia stays relevant or Weidman arrives :)

• Paid Members

Ha, like I said in the other thread, big chance for Weidman. If he pulls this off he's well on the map. And if you look at last minute replacements the last few years, they often do pull it off. Brian Ebersole vs Chris Lyte springs to mind.

Tough spot for Maia though. He's gone from fighting a top contender to a dangerous but relatively unknown prospect.

Archived