UFC on Fox II

Adam619

He's been calling himself the real middleweight champion for ages.

Uhh, yeah, I already knew that. Anyone who has listened to any Sonnen interview since that fight would. Him actually carrying a belt around, though, is a very different matter, and just hilarious. This guy is the best natural pro wrestler in the world and he's doing MMA.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I don't think there's a better time than to throw out the obligatory...

I FUCKING LOVE CHAEL SONNEN. This statement is becoming a regular occurence.

Vince Mcmahon must be sitting seeing praying Chael calls it a day soon with MMA so he can open up his cheque book and wave quite a few dollar signs Chael's way.

• Paid Members
Mitch Gagnon has been unable to cross the border from Canada and his fight with Johnny Bedford is off. As a result, Beltran vs Johnson has been promoted from originally being shown on Facebook to now being part of the FUEL broadcast.

That's good to hear. I dunno why they didn't have it on the FUEL bit anyway to be honest, it's probably gonna be the most crowd pleasing fight on the prelims. Makes sense to get it televised. Shame about Bedford vs Gagnon though.

And speaking of Sonnen. I just found this again, the 1 hour of Sonnen epicness on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttNnOBh6sGo

have at it

• Paid Members
Mitch Gagnon has been unable to cross the border from Canada and his fight with Johnny Bedford is off. As a result, Beltran vs Johnson has been promoted from originally being shown on Facebook to now being part of the FUEL broadcast.

That's good to hear. I dunno why they didn't have it on the FUEL bit anyway to be honest, it's probably gonna be the most crowd pleasing fight on the prelims. Makes sense to get it televised. Shame about Bedford vs Gagnon though.

And speaking of Sonnen. I just found this again, the 1 hour of Sonnen epicness on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttNnOBh6sGo

have at it

Thank you sir, I'm currently having that!

• Paid Members

Ha, I don't care what anyone says Sonnen is fucking brilliant. Kenny Rice got murdered by Chael there. What did he do to piss the 'Oregon Gangster' off to that degree?

I watched the rest of the interviews aswell. Everyone knows Demian Maia is a good guy but I thought Beltran, Einemo and Russow all came off as genuinely likeable chaps aswell.

Tim-nice-but-dim.jpeg

"thoroughly bloody nice blokes"

• Paid Members

:laugh: ^

With all the talk of the Sonnen vs Bisping fight the main event's kind of being left behind. What does everyone think about how the fight will play out?

I, like most I suspect, see Rashad winning this. He's more of a complete fighter and he's been on the big stage for a lot longer so we don't know how Davis will handle being on such a big stage. Rashad's last fight I thought was his most complete showing of his career so far. Even though he was fighting a past his best Tito Ortiz, I thought Rashad looked very sharp in all areas. He looked in the best shape of his career and surprisingly seemed to show no ring rust after the long layoff.

Rashad has been a top level 205er for a while but I really think leaving Jackson's and joining the Blackzilians has really breathed some new life into him.

All that aside, Davis seems very very confident in the run up to this fight. You can see he really believes his time has come. I've said before that I thought they were pushing him a bit too fast and I still think that to an extent but he seems to be taking the right attitude into the fight. A massive chance for him. If he wins then Hendo probably gets the title shot but Davis would be number 2 in line. Crazy how quick it's happened. When you look at who he's beat though, guys like Little Nog, Gustafsson, and Brian Stann it's pretty impressive.

I think if Davis can make it a wrestling match he has a decent shot but really wrestling Rashad isn't gonna be easy no matter how accomplished an amateur you were. In MMA Rashad's wrestling has been very effective and I think if he can keep it on the feet his striking will be the difference.

I see Rashad taking the win. I'll go with a stoppage by strikes in round 3 or 4 (I'm assuming this is a 5 rounder right?).

Archived