UFC on Fox II

Adam619

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
It says that on my Sky EPG aswell. Wonder why it's on that early. It's 1am on the UFC website too, it must be right.

Get in there! Last time I checked my planner said it was a 3am start and I was planning on watching it the following morning. Now I may stay up for this!

• Paid Members

from what i can gather the Fuel Broadcast starts 3 hours before the Fox one, so the UFC.com prelims for us will start at 10pm...which fucking sucks for me as i won't be home from work till 10.30 which means i'll miss Johnson/Beltran! fuck!

quick question, with the live streams, if you tune in late can you start it from the beginning, rather than from where it is live?

oh, and im guessing the lone facebook fight will start at 9.30pm?

• Paid Members
:laugh: ^

With all the talk of the Sonnen vs Bisping fight the main event's kind of being left behind. What does everyone think about how the fight will play out?

I, like most I suspect, see Rashad winning this. He's more of a complete fighter and he's been on the big stage for a lot longer so we don't know how Davis will handle being on such a big stage. Rashad's last fight I thought was his most complete showing of his career so far. Even though he was fighting a past his best Tito Ortiz, I thought Rashad looked very sharp in all areas. He looked in the best shape of his career and surprisingly seemed to show no ring rust after the long layoff.

Rashad has been a top level 205er for a while but I really think leaving Jackson's and joining the Blackzilians has really breathed some new life into him.

All that aside, Davis seems very very confident in the run up to this fight. You can see he really believes his time has come. I've said before that I thought they were pushing him a bit too fast and I still think that to an extent but he seems to be taking the right attitude into the fight. A massive chance for him. If he wins then Hendo probably gets the title shot but Davis would be number 2 in line. Crazy how quick it's happened. When you look at who he's beat though, guys like Little Nog, Gustafsson, and Brian Stann it's pretty impressive.

I think if Davis can make it a wrestling match he has a decent shot but really wrestling Rashad isn't gonna be easy no matter how accomplished an amateur you were. In MMA Rashad's wrestling has been very effective and I think if he can keep it on the feet his striking will be the difference.

I see Rashad taking the win. I'll go with a stoppage by strikes in round 3 or 4 (I'm assuming this is a 5 rounder right?).

im predicting a late stoppage from Rashad too. It's a tough fight to call because Phil Davis is the kind of guy that's gonna look better and better each time he comes out, he's raw as hell and i think that helps him in a way because it makes him unpredictable. Having said that, i think it's too early for him to take out Rashad. I think it's gonna be a case of Evans breaking Davis' will the longer the fight goes and stopping him late on with strikes.

It's crazy how much this fight has kinda been relegated behind Bisping/Sonnen though. It doesn't feel like the main event anymore.

• Paid Members

The usual array of Ariel's pre fight videos videos are up at MMAFighting. Dana's video has a great rant at the end where he states everyone is scared of the internet but him :D

Also theres a 30 minute video with CM Punk regarding Sonnen, Brock and his own MMA aspirations. Worth watching.

• Paid Members
http://www.mmafighting.com/2

Pre Fight conference starting now.

Edit - Chael brought his belt with him.

Just seen the press conference highlights. Great stuff, probably the best pre-fight press conference in UFC history and I've only seen 10 minutes of it. The back and forth between Sonnen and Bisping was as entertaining as expected. Brilliant.

Rashad and Phil Davis were fun too. I thought Davis was funny and actually got the upper hand for most of the trash talk but Rashad's Arsenio Hall line at the end cracked me up. It's funny cos it's true. I wondered who Davis reminded me of.

evans-davis-2_large.jpg

Here's the 10 minute version of the press conference

can't find the full version

• Paid Members

More vids and media stuff here

Fox 2 video blog, behind the scenes of UFC on FX 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h--PLU5QpNU...feature=related

Chael talking Fox, Bisping's grappling, politics, Anderson, Okami

Dana White talking to the media about a bunch of topics. Including some interesting stuff on steroids/TRT

And

The Chael Sonnen interview which the pic in my sig is from

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey_HNuE38og...feature=related

• Paid Members

Yeah it was a good one. Chael's promo's were impressive as always and the talk surrounding his belt was gold. The exchanges between Davis and Evans were great fun. Rashad trying to wind Phil up but Davis handled it well and it just made Rashad look bad. He'll no doubt get boo'ed to hell in the fight too.

Archived