Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Awards Moderator

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/article/tom-phillips-joins-smackdown-live-announce-team?sf41714124=1

Tom Phillips is joining the Smackdown announce team to make it four-man. Jesus wept.

Why do they favour such bland play-by-play guys? I understand their job is to glue stuff together and tell a story but they're all just so forgettable. Surely there's ex-talent that could do it instead?

And now there's three play-by-play and one colour? How does that work?

• Paid Members

There's no way Ringo Ryan is getting hired anyway. For what? He looks like a human potato. He looks like my mate Geoff. Surely he was just a bloke in among a bunch of people who turn up at these tryouts, like they always have. There's generally about a million people who get brought in for a talk each month.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/article/tom-phillips-joins-smackdown-live-announce-team?sf41714124=1

Tom Phillips is joining the Smackdown announce team to make it four-man. Jesus wept.

Why do they favour such bland play-by-play guys? I understand their job is to glue stuff together and tell a story but they're all just so forgettable. Surely there's ex-talent that could do it instead?

And now there's three play-by-play and one colour? How does that work?

No idea but if it means JBL and Otunga say less then welcome aboard Tom.

• Paid Members

Jesus, that thread. Lion_of_the_Midlands is a proper div in it. Fight Site using "coloured" in 2011. DJ Kris accusing the OP of shit stirring and then confirming 2 posts later that Spitfire is a loony racist. crazyshady with a fucking mental post about the multi-cultural capital of the world - Scotland. Great riposte from Loki.

And this is hilarious:

I went to primary school with Ryan Ambrose. I honestly don't mean this offensively but, at the time, he was borderline retarded. Like snot bubbles dribbling across his face and stuff. Hard to hate him for being a racist idiot if he's still not quite there. Also, is that Isaac the fat geordie who made those awkwardly unfunny videos a couple of weeks ago? Easy to imagine him chuckling along at his racist mate.

Fucking "snot bubbles". I lost it.

Edited by tiger_rick