Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

I genuinely love that some wrestlers now just think 'fuck this, I'll do something else'. Proper heads screwed on, not Zack and Ziggle marks who are not going anywhere until.they're booted.

I really enjoyed Cody in 2011-2012, his feud with Rey when he started with that mask in to some later stuff with Big Show which led to quite a featured match at Mania 28 was pretty entertaining. It's a shame he didn't amount to much afterwards. That tag match with Goldust vs The Shield to get there jobs back was probably the highlight of his run...that was actually fantastic.

Edited by Sexy Dad

I genuinely love that some wrestlers now just think 'fuck this, I'll do something else'. Proper heads screwed on, not Zack and Ziggle marks who are not going anywhere until.they're booted.

Apparently Eden will be leaving too, and it's because they want to start a family. He'll probably come back in a few years.

Ah good on him, he had a decent run for his time. Was in a prominent stable and in main events against DX, got to be part of bringing back the classic IC title and a fair few mania appearances among some other good moments. Right time to bow out if he wants to start a family. 

• Paid Members

This may be a reach...

Kevin Eck (former WWE writer) who came across well on Wade Keller podcast some weeks ago give his take on what Vince thinks of Cody. Maybe it was the confirmation that Cody needed. Eck basically said Vince was never all that impressed with Cody and saw him as midcard and never nothing more. 

• Paid Members

Vince isn't wrong there though, is he? I like Cody, he's been a solid hand for many years and has really put a shift into anything given to him (dashing, grotesque, Stardust) but he's probably done all he can.

Edited by PunkStep