Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

The area of Orlando it's in is shite, isn't it? It's probably true of loads of places but I remember back in 2008 (Jesus) loads of reports that the surrounding area of the stadium was full of abject poverty, riddled with panhandlers etc.

I'm still not 100℅ sure what a panhandler is. I'm going to look that up now. My head is saying 'entrepreneurial bum'.

If the Citrus Bowl is stuck in the middle of a shit hole in Orlando then how did they manage to lure Kim Kardashian there for Mania 24 ? But then again that Kardashian's shite wasn't really as big back in 2008. That's probably why she took the booking.

If the Citrus Bowl is stuck in the middle of a shit hole in Orlando then how did they manage to lure Kim Kardashian there for Mania 24 ? But then again that Kardashian's shite wasn't really as big back in 2008. That's probably why she took the booking.

With a wod of cash and a big bag of designer clothes. I know very little them, but anytime I do see them, they seem to do a lot of shopping

• Awards Moderator

A rare Vince interview.

There are some interesting points. Talking about the site for WrestleMania 33: "Orlando is special. When you think about family-friendly events and attractions, here in Orlando there’s no brand that fits that better than we do on a global basis."

In Orlando. No brand that fits that better? In Orlando? Are you sure about that?

"We had eight billion views last year on YouTube alone and a lot of that is international." I speculated last year that they couldn't give a toss about the decline in Raw ratings as they get paid the same regardless. Instead they are focusing on YouTube being the primary delivery channel for summing up Raw, with the CPC advertising that comes from that alongside complete creative control over what is shown.

He also talks about brass rings again, this time in relation to Triple H. So hey-ho.

• Paid Members

"And playing at these stadium shows is, for us, our big deal. We try not to play stadium shows during the year; we’re trying to keep this just for WrestleMania."

Nothing to do with the fact they wouldn't come anywhere near selling out then?

Stephanie said that she wants SummerSlam to be hosted in a stadium . I thought that was the idea after making the event 4hrs long just like Mania. But that's obviously not their plan for the next 2 years as it's booked for the Barclays Centre in 2016 & 2017.

Edited by The Clint

• Paid Members

"We had eight billion views last year on YouTube alone and a lot of that is international." I speculated last year that they couldn't give a toss about the decline in Raw ratings as they get paid the same regardless. Instead they are focusing on YouTube being the primary delivery channel for summing up Raw, with the CPC advertising that comes from that alongside complete creative control over what is shown.

Youtube revenue is still basically nothing, I saw Keith Harris estimate they earned about 14 million last year from Youtube. They got 231.1m from TV Rights.

Considering Youtube gets Raw and Smackdown clips uploaded as they happen, you have to think it hurts their ratings, but they’re claiming that’s not the case and either way see free Youtube videos as “brand awareness” that will earn them money somewhere down the line, despite the pittance they get right now.

Edited by Benno

Youtube revenue is still basically nothing, I saw Keith Harris estimate they earned about 14 million last year from Youtube. They got 231.1m from TV Rights

Fuck me, that'll keep Orville in nappies for decades.

• Paid Members

It's in one of the poorest areas of the city for sure. We went to see the stadium two years ago and I can honestly say I've never felt so at risk.

Not a place to be after dark.