Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Yeah lost a few domestic but gained slightly international apparently as it went live in India.

I'm with Wyatt, I can't see it going much higher than that. I personally subscribed from March last year until about 2 months ago, I just wasn't using it and found the new content crap. Hated table for 3, hate the skitty stuff like swerved and this Edge and Christian thing looks utter shit to me. I watched NXT and "old school", the stuff from the mid to late 80's from MSG and the Spectrum etc. I had problems with lagging on and off, just got tired of it.

• Paid Members

I think we have pretty much levelled out with the Network numbers save for the boost Mania time where it'll go up a few hundred thousand and then go down again. They'll keep pushing there's more revenue in the Network than in PPV but actual profit is still half what it was for PPV's back in 2010.

The main points:

kWCl2XX.jpg

The conference call was fun. They got asked about falling ratings and Vince gave the line about the TV Networks as a whole having lower ratings and that they weren't falling quite as much as that. He also got asked about what they're going to do at Wrestlemania with all the injuries and he said they're going to get more "creative" and that Wrestlemania would be "just as much of an attraction as last year". Of course, they have to be bullish in these things as the stock is taking its usual tumble right now.

Also fun was this slide they always pull out their arse about people with "affinity" for WWE. They're never clear on how they come to these numbers but only 5% of the UK being counted as passionate/hardcore fans sounds quite suspect.

XywmIDO.jpg

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

Video on Drew Galloway on the BBC website - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/get-inspired/35554946

Drew Galloway has gone from Scotland to America and now wrestles megastars like Kurt Angle and The Undertaker for a job.

He tells us how he was obsessed with wrestling as a kid and, through a combination of hard work and perseverance, he now finds himself living his dream.

He's keen to share the love of the sport and wants more people to have a go. "It's so so rewarding, I'd recommend it to anybody," he says.

In terms of media coverage, wrestling seems a lot more mainstream than it used to be. Every wrestler death or big PPV makes the proper news sites. It's really just that big institutions are so desperate for hits now that they'll cover any old shite though, isn't it? Well, that and more journalists now being of the early 90s WWF UK mini-boom generation.

• Paid Members

In terms of media coverage, wrestling seems a lot more mainstream than it used to be. Every wrestler death or big PPV makes the proper news sites. It's really just that big institutions are so desperate for hits now that they'll cover any old shite though, isn't it? Well, that and more journalists now being of the early 90s WWF UK mini-boom generation.

That and you know you'll get "engagement". You'll get RTs and views from people who like wrestling and ridicule from people who don't. But at least people will be talking about it. Rather than something about Diving or Netball that people just shrug at.

• Paid Members

It's still amazing that Raw routinely is the highest rated show on it's night and it's still dismissed as low rent shite by television advertisers. They don't seem so discerning online though, where a a click is a click. Wrestling is a niche thing but there's loads of us well into it. Must make for great traffic.