Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Landis strikes me as the modern Russo. He'd bring a thousand good ideas to the table, only problem is you'd have to sift through a million shit ones to get them. As part of a team he would probably be a big asset.

I'd happily take Landis and HHH as the modern Russo and McMahon though

Piss off, he is amazing.

He's such a weird little bloke but always had me cracking up, there's bags full of charisma there but it's just too odd for the WWE. Didn't someone on here say that he was their kids fav wrestler?

Edited by Merzbow

Brad Maddox has been released.

And here's why:

According to several sources we have spoken to, Maddox was released due to language he used during a pre-match promo during a dark match at last night's Smackdown taping against R-Truth, specifically the phrase "cocky pr**ks."

We are told that WWE officials, upset with the language, then made the decision to issue Maddox's release.

I'd happily take Landis and HHH as the modern Russo and McMahon though

I'd love to see what would happen if they did just revert to a two man writing team. It'd save them shitloads, they must do a good few million a year on writer salaries -- I think they're all on $100k or more and there are about twenty of them on staff at a time. And surely none of them are writing much that's making it onto screens.

• Paid Members

Brad Maddox has a lot of charisma, I always thought he was witty and likeable. Very presentable look, too. With so many hours of television to fill every week, they could do a lot with a guy like that. Unfortunately WWE just have no idea how to use people's personalities to their advantage any more. No clue at all. I have wondered for a long time what was going on with Maddox, why he wasn't being used at all, not even in NXT. 

• Paid Members

Piss off, he is amazing.

I meant in terms of the fact that they've done absolutely nothing with him for what- 2+ years now? At least JTG would regularly wrestle on the shit shows! Seemed pointless in keeping him, even if he worked house shows.

What's the deal with rotunda. Did he retire?

Yeah, years ago. His sons wrestle now, you might have seen them in WWE. Edited by PunkStep