Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Moderators

Yeah, that would have only qualified as news when AJS269 was also here, no-one else gives a shit about that kind of thing now. Friendly advice. 

Edited by PowerButchi

Steve Austin addressed a potential WrestleMania 32 match against Brock Lesnar on the latest episode of his Steve Austin Show podcast.

Regarding the exchange between Austin and Paul Heyman at the end of his recent WWE Network podcast, Austin said he didn't know what Heyman was going to say and that he went into promo mode because it was right for the Stone Cold character. However, Austin said he did not mean to raise the expectation of the fans and his intention was not to set up a match with Lesnar.

Austin added that he and Brock would be doing different things going forward and said he wanted to make it clear that he was not trying to build to a WrestleMania 32 match with Lesnar.

Austin's such a pussy cat on his podcast that I really thought he wasn't capable of a promo like that any more. Made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up to see him slip back into being Stone Cold so convincingly, and seemingly on the spur of the moment.

Regardless of his intention, I'll be a bit gutted if he doesn't do a retirement match at 32. Just seems the perfect chance to go out on a high.

• Paid Members

Austin's a smart dude who understands the business as well as anyone. There is NO WAY that wasn't intentional to build a match at Mania. Nothing THAT big happens by accident. Now anything can happen but the intent is definitely there. I've watched the promo back several times. Austin might be the best promo ever. Absolutely remarkable. If I'm being over analytical Heyman didn't sell it quite as well as I would have expected.

There's a Kickstarter for a Chyna documentary that's just come up. Might lead to an online dispute or two.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/angra/the-reconstruction-of-chyna

According to the description of the documentary, Chyna won the World Title. When exactly did this happen, and with which organisation? I don't ever remember her being WWF Champion.

The actual tweet.

@HulkHogan: Like I said the Blackhawks are in a whole lot of trouble,they should take their puck"punk" and go home,CM can show them the way brother HH

I'm much more of a fan of Hogan than Punk but perhaps if there was a WCW. Punk wouldn't have got so disillusioned he would have had more leverage and if that didn't work been able to leave earlier and carry on his wrestling career.

• Paid Members

There's a Kickstarter for a Chyna documentary that's just come up. Might lead to an online dispute or two.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/angra/the-reconstruction-of-chyna

According to the description of the documentary, Chyna won the World Title. When exactly did this happen, and with which organisation? I don't ever remember her being WWF Champion.

I guess they class the women's championship as a world title, since it goes on to say she was also number one contender to the heavyweight title in the very same sentence.