Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Gary Anthony Williams. According to his IMDB he seems to have a lot of VoiceOver work but with the exception of Batman:The Dark Knight Returns and The Boondocks, nothing of any real note

He was a recurring character in Malcolm in the Middle as well, he was the disabled kid's dad.

When I saw the first pictures I wondered if (since there hadn't been an official casting put out there) if it was actually John Dimaggio (Voice of Bender among a million other things) rather than Sheamus. Given that they'll only be playing the characters for a short period of time pre-mutation then move onto voice over it makes sense to have a seasoned voice-over actor playing the role and I've long thought that Dimaggio looks like a melted Sheamus candle hence perhaps the confusion.

But no, it's now confirmed, really strange casting but good on him!

• Awards Moderator

In rather fucking random news, @WWEJapan has announced on twitter today......Brock Lesnar v Kofi Kingston for the WWE Live Event in Tokyo on July 4th. This will be Lesnar first WWE house show since 2004

http://ow.ly/Nwyou

It'll be like Brock's early matches with Hardy and Spike, tossing them around like ragdolls. Exactly what I want Lesnar to do.

• Paid Members

Kevin Owens has signed a main roster contract and will be on Raw & Smackdown going forward. He'll finish up in NXT in a few months to allow a transition of the title. YASS!

• Paid Members

He'd be a good fit to join The Authority - but only for as long as it suits him. He's the ultimate mercenary, doing what he needs to "feed his family".

• Paid Members

Putting him in the Authority is an excellent shout. They've been desperate for a new member for ages. I hoped for someone like Barrett, but Owens would be even better.

Do you put him in a suit though?

• Paid Members

He'd be a good fit to join The Authority - but only for as long as it suits him. He's the ultimate mercenary, doing what he needs to "feed his family".

Fantastic idea. Would fit him perfectly and breathe life into the tired Authority.

When I saw the first pictures I wondered if (since there hadn't been an official casting put out there) if it was actually John Dimaggio (Voice of Bender among a million other things) rather than Sheamus. Given that they'll only be playing the characters for a short period of time pre-mutation then move onto voice over it makes sense to have a seasoned voice-over actor playing the role and I've long thought that Dimaggio looks like a melted Sheamus candle hence perhaps the confusion.

But no, it's now confirmed, really strange casting but good on him!

If it's shot like the first film then Sheamus may star throughout. The actual actors were running around in turtle suits in the first one and then CG was overlayed on top. Watched the special features on the blu ray and was hugely impressed with how they did it. The aim was to have the actors movements and facials all be part of the character, to give them a 'real' feel. Rather than relying on pure CG.