Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

It's quite telling that it's such a non-event that people didn't even think to spoiler tag it

Didn't it air already?

Yeah, but at 1 in the morning. Raw spoilers are marked until people have had a reasonable chance to see it.

Apologies for my part in it.

• Paid Members

Interesting, but fucking hell not sure why, but got a right vibe of dickhead from the writer.

Cushty deal for him. If he's available I can maybe see him coming back for a short run. I'm not saying he should be in the main event, although he could bridge a gap for Rollins if they need to. Failing that you can stick him in the midcard to give those lads something different to do. Jericho/Sheamus for a couple of PPV matches could alright, or stick against Barrett for a similar length of time

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

He's said in a couple of interviews he's open to doing another run on TV, just not while he's got a load of touring on, so he's doing house shows that fit around the Fozzy dates apparently.  

Do people actually enjoy Jericho's comebacks? They get worse and worse each time. The only thing I can remember from his last run was a PPV match with Orton, and I can only remember it because I was pleasantly surprised by it at the time. He's not as shit as RVD yet, but he's not far off.

Depends what he's doing and who he's paired up with. Like I said with my example, I reckon he could decent stuff with Sheamus, Barrett maybe even Ryback. But if you stick with a no hoper like they did with Fandango the other year then he is shit. He can still put on something decent if he is in there with the right people

I was harsh on Jericho in that other Jericho is crud thread. I even said he wasn't on the level of Daniel Bryan. I have a short memory when it comes to wrestling, but more than anything it highlighted how far his star's fallen. I went back and watched some of his matches from his prime and he was as good as anyone, barring the very top guys. I genuinely forgot just how over he was. It's the old law of diminishing returns. I don't think it'd be such a problem if his comebacks weren't so hyped up. But as somebody who doesn't watch Raw regularly, it seems that every time I do Jericho's either retiring again or returning. It isn't all on him. Ian said the last place you wanna be is in WWE's mid-card in 2015 and it's right. There's no wonder nothing he does stands out. WWE's become sitcom version of Groundhog Day. 

I have no recollection of Jericho's last run, which is a bit scary. The last thing I specifically remember him doing was facing Punk in his way-too-soon Chicago comeback match, which must have been about two fucking years ago now? Has he been back since then, aye?

Edited by Pinc