Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Saw a photo of them in a Facebook post on it. Oje does look the spit of him

Always did. That shot at the end of Canadian Stampade where he is in Owen's arms carrying Owen's Jakks figure was like looking at bizarre Rocket nesting dolls.

• Paid Members

Yeah didn't someone in a shoot interview say that Rick Steiner got pissed off at Tank backstage or something and smacked him one and Tank did fuck all? Sure it was something like that. Might've been Nash who said it. I'd believe it as well. It wasn't like Tank was some highly trained professional fighter. He was a brawler and was even promoted in the UFC days as basically stepping straight off the bar stool and into the octagon. I'd have likely favoured both Steiners, Finlay, Ernest Miller, Jerry Flynn and probably a bunch more on the WCW roster over Tank if it kicked off.

• Paid Members

Oh dear, looks like Triple H will be off to heal another wound then.

Imagine if he manages to reconcile things between WWE and Martha? After that, Warrior and Bruno he should be a shoe-in for the Nobel Peace Prize.

• Paid Members

Yeah I forgot Orndorff was still around. Was Meng still there in 2000? I'd fancy Nash to batter Tank as well actually.

Has Nash battered anyone of note? Hardcore Holly says he's a big pussy and I don't think he's the type to lie about something like that.

• Paid Members

Kevin Nash was old school hard. Like someone you'd see on Road House. You could have made loads of films with Nash playing the hardcase bouncer in the 80s. I'm sure if he caught you with one, you'd be fucked (which was his rep as a door man and with rowdy fans). Like he was sued in the early 90s because Nash and Kevin Sullivan's car got scratched by a gang of blokes so they got out and dropped the lot of them. I've no doubt with his size he'd be a hardcase. But there's a lot of those about in the business. If you're talking legit tough guys, its hard not to see a Kurt Angle or Scott Steiner leg diving those bad legs he has. A proper wrestler would have done him, I reckon. He'd knock the shit out of Tank, though. Especially in his late 30s, when his legs still had movement.

Erick Watts was tough as nails as well. I suppose you have to be with Bill Watts calling you a soft cunt your whole life. Jake Roberts and Honky Tonk Man are apparently massive pussies.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Pillman was apparently quite the bad motherfucker himself, heard a ton of stories of him in bars at Cinncinnati, including beating up a bunch of guys and throwing them in a pile while protecting a drunk Brian Blados. There's the story of Dynamite trying to set him up and having Brick Bronsky ambush him in the locker room with all the guy waiting outside, except Pillman walked out first after pulling Brick's eyeball out.

• Paid Members

I can believe that about Pillman. You don't play nose tackle to the level he did at approx. 230lbs without being a) tough as nails, b) determined as hell, c) partial to mixing it up a bit, and d) a little bit crazy.