Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
So Buff Bagwell decided to attempt a Canadian Destroyer this weekend:

Pretty impressive.

And his fucking shitarse opponent kicks out of it. Dickhead.

Surely it's not the opponents fault? I assume they had a planned finish and that wasn't it.

True - I guess both 'well and the opponent are to blame, really. A Canadian Destroyer, hell even a normally bloody piledriver, should be a finish.

Wow! Never seen that move before! That's pretty awesome! Totally disgusted it didn't get a 3 count though... Although I saw Anderson kick out a Bully Ray piledriver onto concrete recently on YouTube which was equally annoying and stupid.

Edited by IronSheik

• Paid Members

The most annoying thing in that clip is the announcer swearing. Is it really necessary? I have nothing against swearing in real life or appropriate forms of entertainment, but in Wrestling it sounds so amateurish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsHja1TU1c0...eature=youtu.be

Pretty impressive.

Surely it's not the opponents fault? I assume they had a planned finish and that wasn't it.

True - I guess both 'well and the opponent are to blame, really. A Canadian Destroyer, hell even a normally bloody piledriver, should be a finish.

Don't see how the opponent's to blame at all.

• Paid Members

Pretty impressive.

Wrestling's fixed, Carbomb.

• Paid Members

Pretty impressive.

Come on, you know what I'm talking about.

Pretty impressive.

Really...i didnt know it was broken! Sorry...i'll get my coat......

Pretty impressive.

He might. I don't.

How is it the opponent's fault?

I used to do a bit of refereeing, and would often hear wrestlers moaning about other wrestlers kicking out of their finishing move. It wasn't the planned finish, so yeh, he kicked out. Why are you hitting it if it's not the planned finish? Same principle here, if Bagwell didn't want the opponent to kick out he wouldn't have hit the move. Unless, of course it was the planned finish, then yeh the guy is a dickhead.

• Paid Members

The Canadian Destroyer isn't Bagwell's finish anyway. Its obviously a spot done to pop a really small indy crowd. Bagwell's long past the point of building a match from the ground up. He's nearly 50. Its not like he kicked out of the leg drop at SummerSlam or anything. They are probably filling the match with a bunch of crowd pleasing spots before he hits the Blockbuster. I see nothing wrong with it. Also, its always the fault of the person delivering the move, if the person kicks out of it. Usually people are kicking out because the bloke delivering the move wants to get more of his shit in.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Maffew the creator of Botchamania is asking fans to start paying him monthly to continue making his videos due to him having no time to make them anymore. Shame really. http://www.patreon.com/botchamania?rf=174638

What a load of shit. If time is the issue, paying him a couple of quid isn't going to cut his hours at work. Plus we already have 250+ of them and the quality has been steadily dropping since 100. Who would pay him for this? True carny wrestling stuff.

• Paid Members

Pretty impressive.

He might. I don't.

How is it the opponent's fault?

I used to do a bit of refereeing, and would often hear wrestlers moaning about other wrestlers kicking out of their finishing move. It wasn't the planned finish, so yeh, he kicked out. Why are you hitting it if it's not the planned finish? Same principle here, if Bagwell didn't want the opponent to kick out he wouldn't have hit the move. Unless, of course it was the planned finish, then yeh the guy is a dickhead.

I did amend earlier and concede they were both to blame.

Alright, one last correction: this shows how crap indy wrestling can get. A Canadian Destroyer being used, not even as a finish, and the opponent is a bit of a tit for agreeing to take it in front of a tiny crowd, when he probably won't get paid much more than expenses.

• Paid Members
Maffew the creator of Botchamania is asking fans to start paying him monthly to continue making his videos due to him having no time to make them anymore. Shame really. http://www.patreon.com/botchamania?rf=174638

What a load of shit. If time is the issue, paying him a couple of quid isn't going to cut his hours at work. Plus we already have 250+ of them and the quality has been steadily dropping since 100. Who would pay him for this? True carny wrestling stuff.

He wants $700 PER EPISODE!. Insane really and a bloody cheek.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

There must be a better way for him to monetize this. Does his YouTube have adverts on it? What is he was to sponsor them?

But hey... can't blame him for giving it a shot.

There must be a better way for him to monetize this. Does his YouTube have adverts on it? What is he was to sponsor them?

But hey... can't blame him for giving it a shot.

He can't monetise the videos because the footage is owned by WWE. That's why he has to upload them to Dailymotion.

Frankly he can fuck off. He's already got sponsorships from Chikara and the like. Sure, have a Paypal 'donate' button, but don't set a price. If he doesn't enjoy making them for the fun of making them then he should just stop.