Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
Former UK wrestling promoter Len Davies (who left wrestling for Hollywood years ago) will write, direct and produce.

"...but only on paper..."

Fucking hell, I completely forgot about that :laugh:

• Paid Members
Was a fight backstage between Sheamus and Hunico/Sin Cara this week apparently,and Hunico had the better of it according to the Observer.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Sheamus obviously didn't get punished for it though so it can't have been too serious/his fault

Backstage fights in wrestling fascinate me, they also seem to often go the way you wouldn't expect expect, Y2J getting the better of Goldberg, Joey Styles knocking out JBL.

One of the news sites reported that Sheamus had a fight with someone like Yoshi Tatsu before either of them were called up to the main roster, and Tatsu thoroughly destroyed him.

How true these things are we never know until someone discusses it, preferably someone at either side of a few punches.

• Paid Members
One of the news sites reported that Sheamus had a fight with someone like Yoshi Tatsu before either of them were called up to the main roster, and Tatsu thoroughly destroyed him.

How true these things are we never know until someone discusses it, preferably someone at either side of a few punches.

That wouldn't be surprising - Tatsu's background is in boxing and ju-jutsu. Plus, he's a product of the dojo system.

I just can't see the appeal of Sheamus at all. He has a look, sure, but one that makes me go "bwahaha" rather than "fuck, scary".

• Moderators

Joey Styles and JBL was more a case of Styles sucker punching a drunk JBL if I remember correctly. My favourite fight is Gentleman Regal tiring of Van Hammer at DDP's house.

• Paid Members
Joey Styles and JBL was more a case of Styles sucker punching a drunk JBL if I remember correctly. My favourite fight is Gentleman Regal tiring of Van Hammer at DDP's house.

No problem with Styles sucker punching JBL, from all accounts he was being a proper nob and giving Styles all sorts of shit. JBL doesn't strike me as that much of a hard bloke in a real fight scenario. I love the bloke, but when he's hammered I assume he acts like the worse type of frat boy. Didn't Blackman nearly fuck him up in an airport.

Is that Regal story the one with a headbutt over a punch bowl, or something like that? Regal seems the Haku type, easy going but just don't fuck him off too much.

I love stories about Rick Rude being double hard. I love him more from the stories from Austin's show now, he bloody loved Rick Rude.

Edited by WWFChilli

Was a fight backstage between Sheamus and Hunico/Sin Cara this week apparently,and Hunico had the better of it according to the Observer.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Sheamus obviously didn't get punished for it though so it can't have been too serious/his fault

Backstage fights in wrestling fascinate me, they also seem to often go the way you wouldn't expect expect, Y2J getting the better of Goldberg, Joey Styles knocking out JBL.

Joey Styles cowardly sucker punching the big bad bully and then it being proclaimed on the internet as him knocking JBL out is exactly how I'd expect that to go.

• Paid Members

Just remembered The Nasty Boys legging it when Ken Shamrock spotted them in an airport as well. Wrestlers and airports don't mix well. I assume they are more prone to kick off after a long fight, cranky as fuck.

Always thought Rick Steiner stiffing people in late 2001 WCW was a bit not-on. Didn't he smack people about for a bit of a laugh?

That wouldn't be surprising - Tatsu's background is in boxing and ju-jutsu. Plus, he's a product of the dojo system.

I'm sure i read somewhere or heard in a shoot interview that Sheamus threw a tin or can of something at Tatsu, who then caught it one handed ninja style and beat that crap out of Sheamus. It sounds so unrealistic that i'm now thinking someone on here just wrote it.