Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

I went to the Harlem Globetrotters show tonight. 2 "Yes" chants with the arm movements, a mention of Hogan and Macho Man before double clotheslining someone, and a scorpion deathlock on someone.

There really is too much sports entertainment.

From prowrestling.net

No women will be allowed at WWE's three shows in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia at The Green Halls Stadium. "This event is for Males only" reads a line at Ticketmaster, which was first mentioned by StarTribune.com. There are no Divas advertised for the shows.

I just... What?!? I can't believe this type of shit exists in 2014.

From prowrestling.net

No women will be allowed at WWE's three shows in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia at The Green Halls Stadium. "This event is for Males only" reads a line at Ticketmaster, which was first mentioned by StarTribune.com. There are no Divas advertised for the shows.

Money talks unfortunately. You would like to think a company as big as WWE would skip touring places with such embarrassing "laws".

It's horrible. I mean, there's laws, religion... is it Sharia law, is that what's it called? It defies logic how such things can be so out of sync with the most fundamental human rights.

Although I did laugh at the analysis of that story: "Apparently, the men in Saudi Arabia want the nearly naked men pretending to fight one another all for themselves."

• Paid Members

This will be sad if this happens :(

ESPN is expected to make a major play for Renee Paquette, 29, who is Renee Young in WWE. She has impressed a lot of the networks with her

smoothness in her work with WWE since coming from The Score where she was one of the hosts of Right After Wrestling, a Raw post-game show.

• Paid Members

The announcers are really the only people on WWE TV who can really be offered a "better job", you're so used to the wrestlers talking about how it's their life's ambition to get to the WWE and they've finally made it but someone like the Coach will gladly fuck off to go and talk about football or whatever if he gets offered a job.

From prowrestling.net

Money talks unfortunately. You would like to think a company as big as WWE would skip touring places with such embarrassing "laws".

On the other hand it's not WWEs place to pass judgement on another culture by withholding their shows. Don't like it myself, but it's a political no win really.

• Paid Members

I'm pleased Lana stole my beating heart before this happened. Taking my meager cock out of this conversation, she is really great at what she does. It's taken them AGES to find somebody as competent as Renee.

Guess it was only a matter of time, seeing as how good she is at her job.

• Paid Members
On the other hand it's not WWEs place to pass judgement on another culture by withholding their shows. Don't like it myself, but it's a political no win really.

Cobblers. WWE could quite easily set an example by not going.

I can't see it happening. I know ESPN is a massive deal but Renee is quite clearly a huge wrestling fan. She brings a genuine enthusiasm that I never sensed from the likes of Coach and Grisham.

You get footballers who are massive fans of their club - they'll still leave if they're offered the chance to go to a bigger club in a better league for more money. I'd be surprised if any wrestling announcer in the US ever knocked back a chance to work for ESPN or any of the other large sports networks.