Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
All this talk of King of the Mountain makes me realise how much I miss Jeff Jarrett. Is he entirely done with TNA? Are there no rumours knocking around?

I'm missing him as well. He got really good over his last couple of years on screen. I'm really hoping he's not, but given that Ring Ka King's finished and he doesn't seem to have been seen anywhere else in anything to do with TNA, it's sadly looking likely that he's gone. Massive shame.

He's still working behind the scenes in TNA. He's the guy handling their international connections (AAA, Japan, etc.), developing new TV shows (AWW, RKK, Boot Camp and I assume the new PPV specials) and just generally doing other business-related stuff.

It is a shame he's no longer on TV though. Karen Jarrett too for that matter. They were absolutely tremendous together as an on-screen couple. Hopefully with Impact hitting the road soon they'll both be back soon.

That's encouraging to know! Karen Jarrett is the best wrestling wife since Stephanie McMahon, and probably just as good - fit as hell, and equally annoying.

I loved Double-J Double-M A.

• Paid Members
Wrestling should never be dropped from the Olympics because of it's historical value. But as a spectacle I find Amateur Wrestling boring as fuck to watch.

I found Greco Roman pretty dull to watch, though I will admit I did enjoy watching the freestyle wrestling last summer. It's a shame for historical value, but like that counts for shit these days. It's all about the money it can bring in, and sadly nobody cares about amateur wrestling.

• Paid Members
Does jarrett still own any percentage of tna now or is dixie/panda energy the 100% ownership?

Pretty sure he owns nothing of it now.

Wrestling should never be dropped from the Olympics because of it's historical value. But as a spectacle I find Amateur Wrestling boring as fuck to watch.

I found Greco Roman pretty dull to watch, though I will admit I did enjoy watching the freestyle wrestling last summer. It's a shame for historical value, but like that counts for shit these days. It's all about the money it can bring in, and sadly nobody cares about amateur wrestling.

I think the MMA world will most likely mobilise to try and get it re-instated. A lot of fighters started in amateur, and I daresay promotions would want the Olympics as a good scouting ground for talent.

Gutted about that. It was good to see the olympic wrestling every four years.

Been there since 1896.

Well, 708 BC actually.

I remember a fantastic article in about 1992 in Pro Wrestling Illustrated that was titled 'Should Pro-Wrestling be an Olympic Sport?' - You got to love the Kayfabe!!

• Awards Moderator
clay tweeted he's asking peeps to tweet in with a new tag team name for he and tensai, lol one of the names was yippie ki ae monster funker

Surely the UKFF collective can come up with a cracking name for their team? If only to spare us 'Team Tensai Funkasaurus'.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
I'm surprised that you're surprised it's still going on - to me, it always looked like it was going to be a long-term storyline.

It's quite a sad indictment of pro wrestling writing over the last 15 years or so when people are shocked a stable are still together 8 months after their debut, rather than vice versa.

That said, they did take an inordinate amount of time to get the masks off, IMO. It's much better now they've mostly got faces. Judging by the crew from the Manchester Impacts, it's just the VP & President who have yet to be revealed, which is fine. They can take as long as they like to do those surprises considering they're both (likely to be...) non-wrestlers.

It would be nice if they won a match at some point before they do eventually disband, though...

• Paid Members
I'm surprised that you're surprised it's still going on - to me, it always looked like it was going to be a long-term storyline.

It's quite a sad indictment of pro wrestling writing over the last 15 years or so when people are shocked a stable are still together 8 months after their debut, rather than vice versa.

That said, they did take an inordinate amount of time to get the masks off, IMO. It's much better now they've mostly got faces. Judging by the crew from the Manchester Impacts, it's just the VP & President who have yet to be revealed, which is fine. They can take as long as they like to do those surprises considering they're both (likely to be...) non-wrestlers.

It would be nice if they won a match at some point before they do eventually disband, though...

Yeah, those are the two problems with the storyline at present - taking too long to unmask them, and not winning enough to seem a threat. Also, their ambushes have been a bit lacklustre recently - apart from the initial attacks on Sting, Magnus, and Young, the only time where they've seemed like a particular problem was Jeff Hardy. Sucks to be me, though, because the main reason why I didn't think much of that angle was because I knew they were only doing it as a means of getting Hardy out of the UK tour. Also because Jeff sold it like he'd stubbed his toe rather than had his knee smashed.

Something else: I've been enjoying Magnus' work since he got back, but they've made him look a right plum for not having him go after Aces & 8s, seeing as they were the ones who put him out in the first place.