Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
Can't see TNA bringing him in considering his gimmick has mostly been as a second rate Kurt Angle. Any chance of it, Ian?

I dont know to be honest. They hardly ever bring in ex-WWE wrestlers straight from the sack now. They only brought in Mike Knox and Luke Gallows because they are on about 6 quid an hour and its finally sunk in that WWE will never have them back, so they have to take whatever shit deal TNA is handing out. I always imagined Jack Swagger as a bloke who'd want to do MMA, because he's a former successful amateur wrestler and I imagine all his mates take the piss out of him. Either that or New Japan. He's like Shelton to me. Someone who is quite good, but has the mix of ex-WWE failure and dullness about him. What could TNA do with Jack Swagger?

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

What? I like Jack Swagger too, I really think he's a main event caliber guy in the ring, but he's so deathly dull. Baring his World Title 'angry, serious' run and his Bald Eagle he's been pretty much the same for 4 years with little progression.

Werent the rumours that he was being taken off TV only to be repackaged and brought back with a big push? If he does get his release I'd like to see him in TNA, his real name Jake Hager is rather cool too so I reckon he'd do well. but they've obviously no room for him though at this time!

On an unrelated note, is there potential in the 'El Local' gimmick? Sin Cara vs El Local - Highlights from Saturday Morning Slam!

Edited by Cobra1000

Why do they persist on that dodgy lighting for Sin Cara matches. No wonder the poor fucker botches stuff, it's bloody dark - especially outside the ring. I don't get it... he's a bright, colourful character, but wrestles in a dull hue.

• Paid Members

I read that the whole Swagger de-push was due to a high weed addiction that got tiresome to officials when all they could do was keep fining him every time he was caught. The whole re-package thing seemed to come out of nowhere and I thought the only reason behind that was to motivate himself to get clean which seemingly hasn't appeared yet. He does seem like someone who got rushed rather quickly through the development system and to the roster and then given a heavy push throughout but just doesn't appear to have the desire or skills for it.

• Paid Members
Why do they persist on that dodgy lighting for Sin Cara matches. No wonder the poor fucker botches stuff, it's bloody dark - especially outside the ring. I don't get it... he's a bright, colourful character, but wrestles in a dull hue.

They also need to change his music, desperately. It's such a heat killer. Mysterio comes out and it's BOOM 619 619, terrible song but great as an entrance theme. Sin Cara's is just shit and doesn't help the crowd pop for him. So it's similar to his old Mistico theme who gives a fuck? Change it now. Even Gina G would be better.

• Paid Members

His music is shit, he's doesn't talk and you can't see his eyes and face. Rey Mysterio's big thing is that he can show emotion and get sympathy even wearing the mask. He's like a mime act. They need to cut half his mask off or something. He's a shit version of Rey Mysterio.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I really don't think showing more of Sin Cara's face is going to help matters. I just can't see him having the facial expressions. The real problem is that everybody keeps comparing him to Rey Mysterio, because that's who the WWE wanted him to be, but he hasn't had the experiance of working in the US like Rey had by the time he got to the WWE. They just plucked Mistico from CMLL and assumed he'd be able to jump straight in. I know that was to try and capitalise on the Mexican audience but it was pretty clear it was going to work out the way they wanted it to. The question is when do both sides cut their losses. The WWE clearly doesn't have the patience for him, and he'll be too over exposed anyway eve nif he does develop into being able to work in the WWE well enough, plus he isn't going to be short of work if he heads home.

• Paid Members
They also need to change his music, desperately. It's such a heat killer. Mysterio comes out and it's BOOM 619 619, terrible song but great as an entrance theme. Sin Cara's is just shit and doesn't help the crowd pop for him. So it's similar to his old Mistico theme who gives a fuck? Change it now. Even Gina G would be better.

Now that I think about it, him coming to the ring to Ooh Ahh Just A Little Bit is the only way they can save him. They have to do this.