Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

I don't usually post about SteelChair Magazine here (much!), but I couldn't resist posting this photo of Liam O'Rourke who has a regular column. This month's is: 'Heel Turn Column: The Oblivious Modern WWE Fan' 

Read it free online here - tinyurl.com/vh22online  or get it in print at http://SteelChair.co.uk

You might recognise a couple other UKFFers in there too.

liam.jpg

• Paid Members

Kane has been elected Mayor of Knox County. He's apparently said if this happened he would retire, so that seems to be him done.

To this day he's the only person I'd have been happy to see end the Undertaker's streak.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, kidzero said:

Yeah wrestlemania 14 was a good match could of happened then or maybe 3 - 4 later

I mean as in, if Undertaker still had it. Both Undertaker and Kane having a big retirement match. Obviously never happened that way. 

• Paid Members

I wouldn't have been against Randy Orton breaking the streak (in '05?) He needed something after Triple H fucked him over following his title win.

Michaels in the rematch would have been epic too. I know it would have been a waste of the streak when it could have made someone but everyone knew HBK was retiring so after that amazing build, it would have been superb if Shawn had won. Plus, we'd still have had HBK matches. Win/Win.

At that time, Brock was absolutely the right person to break the streak. A multiple time WWE, IWGP champion and former UFC Heavyweight champion, he was already a made man. If you had someone untried beat the streak, what do you do if the fans don’t take them (as a face or a heel)? you’ve killed the streak and gained nothing from it. Remember when people were saying that Ted Dibiase Jr. should be the one to end it? Get to fuck

I’d have preferred Undertaker to retire with the streak intact, but if it had to be beaten, then legit hard as fuck Woods-dwelling monster-man Brock Lesnar was the correct choice.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, kidzero said:

So was Brock the best man to beat the streak I would have rather give it to seth rollings or another up comer. 

Would have been great. He could have come out to "Keep rolling, rolling, rolling, rollings".

12 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’d have preferred Undertaker to retire with the streak intact

That's how I feel he should've retired with the streak and the streak was all ways a big selling point of mania for me.. Brock was a made guy just would have been nice for some else to break it.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

I wouldn't have been against Randy Orton breaking the streak (in '05?) He needed something after Triple H fucked him over following his title win.

Michaels in the rematch would have been epic too. I know it would have been a waste of the streak when it could have made someone but everyone knew HBK was retiring so after that amazing build, it would have been superb if Shawn had won. Plus, we'd still have had HBK matches. Win/Win.

Orton during his Legend Killer run would have went down well with me too.

Orton, Kane in a 3rd and final match or Not at all.

Wasn't a fan of Brock doing it, regardless of how much sense it made.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, kidzero said:

Yeah wrestlemania 14 was a good match could of happened then or maybe 3 - 4 later

Nah not 14, far too early. The streak hadn't even been acknowledged at that point.

Orton at the time would've made sense, but in hindsight would it have made a big difference to him? I can't see how it would've shaped his career and differently looking back.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Orton during his Legend Killer run would have went down well with me too.

2 hours ago, The Maestro said:

Orton back at 21 was the best candidate to have ended the streak. No doubt in my mind about that one. I'd say it's the only match Undertaker has had at WrestleMania where I've felt he could have lost it going into it. 

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Orton at the time would've made sense, but in hindsight would it have made a big difference to him? I can't see how it would've shaped his career and differently looking back.

All day long do I argue the toss about Orton. If he hadn't need his shoulder seen to, I'm convinced they rehabilitate him by ending the streak (virtually the first year they made much of a deal of it) making him the new hot heel. I expected him opposite Dave at SummerSlam (unless separated by the draft) and recognized very quickly as top heel, especially during Hunter's hiatus and in my head they may have preserved the first Cena v Orton match for the main of Mania 22 in the big "new top face v new top heel" type affair rather than thrown away on Raw. Instead of Orton fucking around doing nothing until late 2007 and having to start from scratch as a legitimate main eventer.

What a false start Randy had. They nearly Reignsed him up for good.

• Paid Members

Apparently, Arn Anderson took Orton to one side years ago and told him to be more methodical and make everything mean something. Hence why Orton seemed to completely change his whole style over night. I love Arn, but he fucked the goose there. The Orton that wrestled Foley at Backlash was way better than the version we've got the last decade.

I remember there was rumours that Taker wanted Kurt to beat him at WrestleMania 22. Which at the time sounded a bit daft, and was put down to Angle being a pilled up liar, but knowing how hard the Dead Man gets for legit sportsmen, its kind of believable now.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay