Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Looks like a fun documentary, if anything it will show that they could have done more with Adam Rose, which I think was possible. He was written off so quickly that it was a shame. I still like the gimmick and how he portrays it. 

Was a good enough documentary. Sympathetic to Corey Graves and Rose, and made Xavier Woods look like a bigger star than he ever will actually be. DeMott was featured a good bit too, which I was surprised at. Probably too hard to edit him out.

JTG has released a book detailing his time in WWE, which I imagine will lots of pages of him being sat at home doing nothing.

It's 99cents on Kindle for the following week from here - https://payhip.com/b/7E0j

I gave it a go. Far too much 'ECW Legend' 'Hall of Famer' 'Rookie' 'veteran' and no actual names with any real clues (although HBK and Regal are obvious)

'A man mimicking a professional wrestling move has inadvertently killed his girlfriend's 18-month-old son, police in central Pennsylvania said.

Brandon Hoffman is charged with involuntary manslaughter in the death of Bryson Shoemaker.

Hoffman, 20, was performing a move used by professional wrestler The Undertaker known to fans as "The Last Ride", police said.

He intended to slam the toddler on the bed but the child landed head first on the hardwood floor, according to court papers.

Lonnie Stewart, who shares the apartment in Jersey Shore with Hoffman and his sister, told WNEP-TV he was at home but not in the room when the incident occurred.

"He came to me like, 'I don't know what happened. I dropped him'," Mr Stewart said.

"He was like real hysterical and everything."

Hoffman told police he attempted to resuscitate the child before rushing him to hospital.

Bryson was then transferred to another hospital where he died, authorities said.

Hoffman told police he did not call 911 because he feared getting in trouble.

His sister, Angelina Hoffman, told WNEP she has been trying to comfort the child's mother.

She said the mother told her that she did not believe Hoffman would hurt the boy on purpose.

An online site has been set up to accept donations to help pay for Bryson's funeral.

In addition to involuntary manslaughter, Hoffman faces charges of endangering the welfare of a child, aggravated assault and other offences.

He is scheduled to appear in court on 13 May'

From http://news.sky.com/story/1479604/toddler-slammed-to-death-in-wrestling-move

• Paid Members

Bob Backlund supposedly interrupted Verne Gagne's funeral and delivered a heel promo to Greg Gagne. Wow.

EDIT: It's on the Wrestling Observer site.

ADDED: Meltzer - "The lone negative thing is that Backlund started yelling out what was described as a heel promo at Greg Gagne while Greg was delivering the eulogy that was described as ridiculously out of place"

Edited by bAzTNM#1