Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

That new finisher of his is shit. Appalling they've managed to have him get a finisher so over that he can legit take on Lesnar with it, and then take it away and give him that wank.

• Paid Members

Or The Wasteland...

Or Shellshocked/Shell Shocked...

I highlighted the Overdrive as loads of people using it in the mid ‘00s. It seemed to be the go-to move of choice for any new wrestlers debuting. Randy Orton, MVP etc.

• Paid Members

It's a septic finisher, no doubt.

I don't know why, but to me, Wasteland is even worse than The Overdrive/O-Zone.

It's the laziest looking cunting finisher (not including the comedy/kid friendly ones like the Cobra, Socko etc) I've ever seen.
It's like 1/3 of Mr.Kennedys Green Bay thing, and that was poxy too.

My word, Kennedy was a load of muck, wasn't he? My fucking word!!!!

• Paid Members

Not only that but the Overdrive is one of the worst wrestling moves ever. What is it kayfabed supposed to do? You cushion their blow with your leg! It's rotten.

I think the idea was it was supposed to basically be a neckbreaker using the leg to jar the neck the way you use the shoulder with a regular one. Of course, a shoulder is bony and a leg is fleshy, so it pretty much falls down there.

• Paid Members
I highlighted the Overdrive as loads of people using it in the mid ‘00s. It seemed to be the go-to move of choice for any new wrestlers debuting. Randy Orton, MVP etc.

Almost as popular as the Roll The Dice / Last Rites / Hero's Welcome / Test Drive / Crossrhodes / whatever Carlito called it.

• Paid Members

Almost as popular as the Roll The Dice / Last Rites / Hero's Welcome / Test Drive / Crossrhodes / whatever Carlito called it.

True, although I think Cody's finally gotten it over, so we probably won't be seeing it re-assigned any time soon.

I think the Back-Cracker, and the Lungblower varation, were also WWE Stock FinishersTM at various points. During HBK's absence, it seemed the superkick was also one.

• Moderators

Didnt Christopher Daniels invent the Roll of the Dice? Or am I making that up? Something in the back of my mind is telling me he did, yet I dont know where I'm getting it from.

First I saw it was motherfucking RENO!