Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Brock Lesnar vs Jeff Jarrett would be a more even match than you'd imagine ; Jeff's been a World Heavyweight Champion VERY MANY more times then Lesnar has, plus he's undefeated in MMA, which Brock can't say. Imagine the promotion of THE Paul Heyman guy vs THE Vince Russo guy! Rope Vinnie Ru into an on-screen comeback!

I'm struggling to see what there isn't to love about this.

Anyone heard anything about this play based on wrestling? Quite intrigued by it

http://www.theguardian.com/stage/2015/mar/11/lardo-review

The Wee Man mentioned this on Friday Night Fight Club, demanding that ICW fans burn the theatre to the ground. Reading a few reviews of it its just Grado's story nicked and the names slightly changed(and they made Mikey Whiplash into a woman), however since they have a character called the Wee Man who is "a Scottish chav, driven by insult and Buckfast Tonic Wine" I can see why he's pissed. Hell Lardo wears a bumbag! 

• Paid Members

Brock staying with the WWE. 

"My legacy in the Octagon is over."

Lesnar said he spoke to Dana, Lorenzo, Vince and his wife deciding. "I had many sleepless nights." He said "I was born to be an entertainer"

Re-signed last night with the WWE. 

Edited by Fox Piss

ABG AND WWE® LAUNCH TAPOUT™ JOINT VENTURE

NEW YORK AND STAMFORD, CONN., March 25, 2015 – WWE (NYSE: WWE) and Authentic Brands Group, LLC (ABG) today announced a joint venture for Tapout™, a newly repositioned fitness lifestyle brand. Tapout™ is now the official fitness and training partner of WWE, and will be integrated across WWE’s global platforms including TV programming, WWE Network, pay-per-view broadcasts, live events, digital, and social media.

“Tapout was ABG’s first acquisition and it continues to be a global brand with strong sales and blue chip partners all over the world. We have a very strong commitment to the brand’s ongoing success,” said Jamie Salter, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of ABG. “WWE is a media and entertainment force and we are excited to partner with them on Tapout’s future growth.”

“WWE is always looking for new opportunities to partner with best-in-class organizations, develop new products for our fans and drive shareholder value,” said WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon. “This joint venture aligns with our strategic approach, and we look forward to building the Tapout brand.”

As part of this strategic partnership, WWE will create new content featuring its Superstars and Divas in Tapout™ apparel and market the brand across all platforms. Tapout™ branding will also be featured at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida, and all performers, trainers, and staff will be outfitted in Tapout™ workout apparel.

“WWE’s expansive reach provides a global platform to broaden Tapout’s presence and consumer base,” said Nick Woodhouse, President and Chief Marketing Officer of ABG. “This is a powerhouse pairing given the synergy between Tapout’s brand promise to be the premiere hard-body fitness brand, and WWE’s commitment to training and fitness.”

“Combining ABG’s strengths in retail brand development, licensing and distribution with WWE’s marketing expertise, global reach and passionate fan base, makes for a powerful partnership,” said Michelle D. Wilson, WWE Chief Revenue & Marketing Officer.