Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
Every time someone gets released and it's not JTG I'm amazed. I can only assume that no one in the company remembers that he works there.

They should totally give him a Milton from Office Space gimmick. Keep moving him around in different, lesser roles whilst taking him off the payroll to see if he notices.

Shame to see Danny Burch canned, it's not like they gave him any chance whatsoever. I can only imagine they they simply didn't think he was good enough so didn't bother. Harsh. Glad Mason is gone though. What a fucking waste of time and money. Utter cack.

I wonder if they are clearing out a few of the Brits and European talents because they have eyes on some few faces to try out from around these parts?

Danny Burch was playing a stereotypical Green Street hooligan wasn't he? Shame that, the one interview I saw of him showcasing the gimmick he blew away everybody else. I'd like to see someone like Kris Travis given a chance at the next WWE British tapings, bar the shit tattoo he's class.

Edited by Richard

Three developmental Brits have been released by WWE today - Mason Ryan, Danny Burch (Martin Stone) and Oliver Grey (Joel Redman) are no longer part of the company.

Man. That is shit.

Danny Burch never got a chance. Oliver Grey obviously must be injury related. Mason Ryan, he's had years to improve and just never did. Shame cause he's a fellow welsh speaker.

Grey came back from his injury and was wrestling at the tapings recently, doing jobs. If he's wrestling matches, I can't see his release being injury-related.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

• Paid Members
Sarah Backman, the fit Swedish arm-wrestler girl signed last year, has also apparently requested and received her release.

A lot of European talents gone. :/

Was she the lass with the horrible five head? She looked awful.

Edited by WWFChilli

• Paid Members

Peter Blake's done a Sgt Pepper-style mural of people who've appeared at the Royal Albert Hall. Nagasaki's at the front while Pallo, McManus and Daddy are to the right:

peter-blake.jpg

Tough Enough's coming back:

During today's WWE's First Quarter Investors Conference Call, they were discussing ways that they will be adding content to the WWE Network. When they were listing new events (Monday Night Wars, a new season of Countdown) they listed "WWE Tough Enough". We'll have more on the story as it develops, but it sounds as if the show will be making a return via the WWE Network.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com

Tough Enough's coming back:

During today's WWE's First Quarter Investors Conference Call, they were discussing ways that they will be adding content to the WWE Network. When they were listing new events (Monday Night Wars, a new season of Countdown) they listed "WWE Tough Enough". We'll have more on the story as it develops, but it sounds as if the show will be making a return via the WWE Network.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com

Hopefully it sticks close to the format of the last season like Austin being involved, that was excellent. Perhaps they'll incorporate more of the performance centre in to it too, which would be no bad thing.