Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Darren Young has just came out as gay to TMZ http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/15/darren-young...-superstar-gay/ I would guess TMZ had heard something about him or WWE and Darren Young set it up but I can't imagine they are hanging about Airports asking about gay wrestlers.

Will be interesting to see if the WWE mentions this on screen, they seem to treat TMZ like a big deal whenever they run stories on them.

• Paid Members
Darren Young has just came out as gay to TMZ http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/15/darren-young...-superstar-gay/ I would guess TMZ had heard something about him or WWE and Darren Young set it up but I can't imagine they are hanging about Airports asking about gay wrestlers.

Will be interesting to see if the WWE mentions this on screen, they seem to treat TMZ like a big deal whenever they run stories on them.

Cool, it shouldn't be a big deal but it is, I hope his character gets to be gay on TV but don't change his gimmick.

Didnt Kanyon claim he was held back in the WWE because he was gay? Wonder if there was any truth to it.

I would say that he got more out of the WWE than he had any right too, certainly wasn't held back. I guy like him, getting a semi-main event at Summerslam was way more than he ever should have got.

Edited by PSF

• Paid Members
Didnt Kanyon claim he was held back in the WWE because he was gay? Wonder if there was any truth to it.

I would say that he got more out of the WWE than he had any right too, certainly wasn't held back. I guy like him, getting a semi-main event at Summerslam was way more than he ever should have got.

I wouldn't say it was a semi-main really. Also, A guy like him?

Also, A guy like him?

Before we start sounding off the bigot alarms, I'm 100% certain he meant somebody with the level of talent he had (IE: Not main event material).

Also, good for Darren Young. It must be a great weight off his shoulders, but for the love of god, don't give him a gay gimmick. People always go on about how there should be more characters that are sensitively handled. This is WWE, unless you want Darren Young turning into Kenneth Williams, he really should not be incorporating his sexuality into his gimmick.

Edited by Forrest