Raw Liverpool Results/Spoilers

The Dart

Where did I say Michaels was a more successful babyface?

You can't even follow your own posts now. You were moaning that Cena is a shit babyface because he gets mixed reactions, and you were listing examples of what a top face should be like. One of which was Shawn Michaels, who has done nowhere near the business Cena has, despite getting more cheers by the fans in the arenas.

By your logic Jack Swagger was a better World Champ than Bret Hart because the WWE brings in more cash these days than in 1992.

Bret Hart never held that title.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the lessons of 2002 taught me all I needed to know about how important a pop is to the bottom line. And it's not nearly as important as people often think.

Butch brought up pops while we were talking about Punk, saying they don't matter

THOSE SENTENCES MEAN EXACTLY THE SAME THING, OBVIOUSLY! "NOT AS MUCH" MEANS "NOT AT ALL".

I reckon that'll do me. I'm now retiring from discussion with Eddie to save my heart.

You also said this...

"Probably the biggest reactions for a long time in the WWF/E didn't translate to fuck all. Several times people have had large reactions and it's translated to fuck all."

--

Pity...

Regarding the Michaels comparison. I wasn't really talking about business or money drawing, it was just a general observation that pretty much every top Face of the past has been greeted with a hugely positive reaction most of the time. Cena is an oddity in being such a dividing character. I can't think of another guy who has been positioned as the top face for so long who got so much shit from the fans.

• Paid Members
If it had been Triple H who came down and went on about how Alberto Del Rio's shit on the mic, would the wankwanks have been up in arms?

Anyone saying that wasn't shit on behalf of Punk is an idiot. By all means say Del Rio is boring, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. There's just absolutely no merit in him going that bit further, though. He has made it at times in the last 2-3 months VERY hard to keep supporting him when he has a mic in his hand. It was really uncomfortable to listen to that.

• Paid Members
If it had been Triple H who came down and went on about how Alberto Del Rio's shit on the mic, would the wankwanks have been up in arms?

Nah, it was true.

True or not, he shouldn't be saying it on TV, especially when it's about the world champion. It was downright shit.

True or not, he shouldn't be saying it on TV, especially when it's about the world champion. It was downright shit.

Indeed. He didn't even have to leave much out to avoid it being shit. Just the one dimensional stuff. The boring and even the mocking of the "destiny" stuff would have worked perfectly fine in the context of what he was saying. When he went beyond that, it was pointless, and only served to hurt what was going on.

That being said, I'm still quite happy he did it. That's only because I fucking hate Alberto Del Rio though.

Archived