Raw Liverpool Results/Spoilers

The Dart

I can give nothing but love for ADR in the ring. He's absolutely terrific in there. No question. I debate that his delivery is good though. He's been coming out with different stuff in the last few weeks and it just all sounds ridiculous and I think CM Punk got it spot on, even if he should've kept his trap shut.

I think his delivery's alright, but he's definitely not elevating his material like he should be. He's been a boring champion. Miz was never written as a strong champion either, but he kept himself interesting. I liked Punk's promo, but I liked it when HHH said him and Undertaker was the only match that mattered at WrestleMania as well.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came away with a new impression of ADR after the Sheffield house show. I'm still not a fan of him on the mic but I thought he was pretty solid in the ring and I'll probably not fast forward his matches anymore.

Also CM Punk was proper over with the crowd most of them were wearing their 30 quid t-shirts.

Is this not the same CM Punk that has been bragging lately about how free he is on the mic recently?

It's like for like in terms of having the power to either bring someone up to their level or bury them.

Plus this whole "HHH does whatever he wants for fun" stuff is so stale. You don't think 90% of what Punk has done since just before MITB has been for his own amusement?

No, did you not read his post? CM Punk is just a poor worker bee following orders to the letter. He gets no free reign, he hasn't improvised a promo since he was in OVW. Triple H is the evil boss who wants to ruin careers.

In other words, Dirty "2003" Eddie's post is a prime example of the hypocrisy you spoke of. According to him and his ilk, Triple H and Cena are bastards if they bury the new champion who's trying to establish himself, but it's fine if Company Man Punk does it.

You obviously don't ever even read my posts, you just give the same stock answer to everything. It's a waste of fucking time trying to debate with you as you have clearly made your mind up and that's that!

You are like snarky white-noise, or that Sarcastic Priest from Father Ted. Anyone who takes pride in being "the UKFF prick" is a sad case.

• Paid Members
Sure, telling ADR that he's basically utter shit on the mic and nobody cares might get an initial pop, but in the long run you are crapping on a guy who clearly has talent across the board and who has had a lot of time and effort invested in him by the WWE, who are not exactly giving him the most enthralling stuff to work with right now. It was just wrong.

Indeed. The golden rule in promos, any seasoned pro will tell you, is get the other guy over. Even if in the storyline you're trying to put over that you're a much better wrestler- don't bury the guy in pointing out his non-kayfabe flaws. There's no positives that can come from this, apart from giving a few smarks a hard-on for all of 10 minutes.

• Paid Members
Sure, telling ADR that he's basically utter shit on the mic and nobody cares might get an initial pop, but in the long run you are crapping on a guy who clearly has talent across the board and who has had a lot of time and effort invested in him by the WWE, who are not exactly giving him the most enthralling stuff to work with right now. It was just wrong.

Indeed. The golden rule in promos, any seasoned pro will tell you, is get the other guy over. Even if in the storyline you're trying to put over that you're a much better wrestler- don't bury the guy in pointing out his non-kayfabe flaws. There's no positives that can come from this, apart from giving a few smarks a hard-on for all of 10 minutes.

He had a bit of a half-arsed go at putting Del Rio over by calling him a 'tremendous competitor' twice but that's not enough. What I want to see them do next week is NOT FUCKING TALK and just beat the shit out of each other.

Punk doesn't even do that any more. He had a beef with Nash, he moaned instead of fought. HHH, same thing until the microphone thing. And now Del Rio. I want to see Punk get angry and try and batter Del Rio like he did with Jeff Hardy, but Del Rio's not giving him anything to work with either. The 'cancel the match' exchange was just crap.

The only upside is that they will probably have a great match but I hope that's the end of this feud because it's just not happening, but they can redeem it slightly next week by having Punk twat Del Rio for sticking him through that table.

I think in the case of CM Punk WWE realised he did have a point, a point which doesn't quite tie in with their vision for WWE so they have basically allowed him to do as he wants. Not because they really believe he can make a change or knows what fans want but really just to give him enough rope to hang himself. Punk will bury himself using his own vocal chords. They basically said there you go, there's a mic, you say what you wanna say and when it all backfires, which it will because it has to, Punk will be humbled and will then be forced to do as he is told like every other wrestler. CM Punk isn't doing WWE any favours, it's WWE doing him the favour by letting him talk and explain what is supposedly on his mind. The problem is he just can't do anything other than shoot, it's lost in the casual fans minds and right now it's not making him or any storyline he is in anymore watchable than any other storyline on the show.

The WWE are the ones that will come out of this smiling.

The thing is though, this is all being blown out of proportion.

Punk didn't "bury Del Rio's ability" he put over that he's a tough hombre and a hell of a competitor. He then called him boring and said he has no personality. That's just an insult. He didn't say "ratings go down when you are on" or "the fans don't rate your talent" or anything super insider. He just called him a boring, broken-record git. That's fair game in my eyes. He didn't call his title run a flop or anything like that.

Comparing it to when Triple H said Cena wasn't that talented and wasn't a very good wrestler is mental.

Punk didn't "bury Del Rio's ability" he put over that he's a tough hombre and a hell of a competitor. He then called him boring and said he has no personality. That's just an insult. He didn't say "ratings go down when you are on" or "the fans don't rate your talent" or anything super insider.

He said that ADR was one dimensional on the mic, which is an incredibly smarky observation. He said that fans fast forward through him, which is not much better than saying that ratings go down.

Punk didn't "bury Del Rio's ability" he put over that he's a tough hombre and a hell of a competitor. He then called him boring and said he has no personality. That's just an insult. He didn't say "ratings go down when you are on" or "the fans don't rate your talent" or anything super insider.

He said that ADR was one dimensional on the mic, which is an incredibly smarky observation. He said that fans fast forward through him, which is not much better than saying that ratings go down.

Do you not remember all the faces doing Triple H impressions back in the day...

"I'm-aah, going to-aah, come out here-aah, and talk for 15 minutes-aah, and say-aah ABSOLUTELY NOTHING-AAH"

I'm pretty sure faces also called JBL boring a fair amount too. It's hardy a new idea to call a boring, smug twat a boring, smug twat.

You obviously don't ever even read my posts, you just give the same stock answer to everything.

Not only did I read your post, I accurately paraphrased it. That's why you're upset. You're crying because you got worked up, let the veil slip and let your true colours shine through. Thus vindicating every post I've ever made. I'm fairly sure you don't really believe the spurious "reasoning" in your "Worker bee order-following Punk's allowed to do it, Evil Boss HHH isn't" post, but I'm glad you posted it. Because now, every time you deny being one of Dem Wans with their stereotypical prejudices and opinions, there's a specific post to link to that removes all doubt.

cenacelebrates.JPG

"I'm-aah, going to-aah, come out here-aah, and talk for 15 minutes-aah, and say-aah ABSOLUTELY NOTHING-AAH"

I'm pretty sure faces also called JBL boring a fair amount too. It's hardy a new idea to call a boring, smug twat a boring, smug twat.

I suppose it depends on where you draw the line. I don't mind "boring". It's a blanket statement that can be used about anyone for shits and giggles. CM Punk basically took ADR's flaws and aired them to the world, and I reckon that's a bit different.

I suppose it depends on where you draw the line. I don't mind "boring". It's a blanket statement that can be used about anyone for shits and giggles. CM Punk basically took ADR's flaws and aired them to the world, and I reckon that's a bit different.

He said Bertie says the same old thing every week and is fast forward material. That is calling someone boring isn't it?

• Paid Members

Completely different. A) They weren't serious knocks on Triple H's ability- didn't call him one-dimensional. B) They were for comedy- hence the -aaah at the end of each word. They clearly did it to take the piss out of the way he speaks to generate heat and get a laugh from the crowd. What did Punk's line achieve? Nothing, bar a frap frap here and there.

Archived