Raw Liverpool Results/Spoilers

The Dart

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it had been Triple H who came down and went on about how Alberto Del Rio's shit on the mic, would the wankwanks have been up in arms?

Can you go a single post without mentioning wankwank, tugtugs, fappers or the IWC??

You are now starting hypothetical arguments about stuff that didn't happen!

Who gives a fuck what some mongs might have thought of it, had it involved a different person altogether?

Whether you liked it or not, it all got the correct response from the crowd, Punk got cheers, Del Rio got boos. So it was all far more effective than some of the stuff they have tried with Punk recently.

Who gives a fuck what some mongs might have thought of it, had it involved a different person altogether?

Actually he has a very good point. A lot of people are highly hypocritical when it comes to their favourite wrestlers vs ones like HHH.

It's ridiculous how some things are overlooked if it's a certain wrestler, and yet completely shat upon from a great height if it's someone else. HHH is a strong example.

Whether you liked it or not, it all got the correct response from the crowd, Punk got cheers, Del Rio got boos. So it was all far more effective than some of the stuff they have tried with Punk recently.

The problem is that it should be effective for both men. It shouldn't be highlighting the weaknesses of someone in the feud. You need both men to come out looking strong. It's a very fine line between a supposed babyface insulting the other guy via whatever means, and actually talking up the shit parts of your champion.

Weaknesses should be avoided and the cracks filled in, rather than having a big fuck off spotlight shone on them.

Christ,Mike Chioda looked pissed off delivering that three count on Raw.The first couple of attempts at the finish must have been really botched up.Either that or the roid rage was kicking in.

Thought it was an okay Raw,though the crowd seemed a bit flat.Yet again Johnny Ace stole the show,the jacket comment was brilliant.

Pleasant surprise seeing Nash there and his promo was great.Hopefully they'll find a place for him at Survivors.

Amazing to see how over Zach Ryder was on Raw.Good main event too despite the botched finish.

Yeah but Triple H and Punk are not even slightly in the same position are they?

Triple H burying someone is the guy who's married to the Boss's daughter, a permanent main eventer who will NEVER leave the company. Him shitting on a young talent and making them look bad is different, because when he did it (if you buy into the stories that he did) it's because he had tremendous backstage power and was doing it to protect his position. Anything Punk said out there the other night was because he had been told to do it, not because he's married to the head of creative and "thought it would be funny".

We are not talking about like for like.

• Paid Members

I've said it before, but I feel for Del Rio at the moment. The guy is clearly talented in the ring and has a decent level of charisma, it's just that the writing team are being very fucking lazy and uninspiring with his character and promo material. People say that his promos are shit and he goes over the same thing over & over- not really his fault considering his promos are probably 99% scripted, his delivery seems decent enough. Until the writers give him something to play with, we can't see what he is capable of. His character definitely needs another dimension.

Yeah but Triple H and Punk are not even slightly in the same position are they?

Triple H burying someone is the guy who's married to the Boss's daughter, a permanent main eventer who will NEVER leave the company. Him shitting on a young talent and making them look bad is different, because when he did it (if you buy into the stories that he did) it's because he had tremendous backstage power and was doing it to protect his position. Anything Punk said out there the other night was because he had been told to do it, not because he's married to the head of creative and "thought it would be funny".

We are not talking about like for like.

Is this not the same CM Punk that has been bragging lately about how free he is on the mic recently?

It's like for like in terms of having the power to either bring someone up to their level or bury them.

Plus this whole "HHH does whatever he wants for fun" stuff is so stale. You don't think 90% of what Punk has done since just before MITB has been for his own amusement?

Christ,Mike Chioda looked pissed off delivering that three count on Raw.The first couple of attempts at the finish must have been really botched up.Either that or the roid rage was kicking in.

From what I remember, when Chioda tried to make the 3 count during the re-shoot he either couldn't get his hand down for 3 because either Miz or Cena got in the way or Cena's shoulder was up because he seemed to stop before he counted three, and it almost looked like Cena kicked out because only a 2 count was heard in the arena, however in the edit, the sound of a 3 count had been dubbed over (you will notice it doesn't sound quite right if you watch it again). Anyway, that's why he seemed pissed off, because he fucked up the count.

Is this not the same CM Punk that has been bragging lately about how free he is on the mic recently?

It's like for like in terms of having the power to either bring someone up to their level or bury them.

Plus this whole "HHH does whatever he wants for fun" stuff is so stale. You don't think 90% of what Punk has done since just before MITB has been for his own amusement?

No, did you not read his post? CM Punk is just a poor worker bee following orders to the letter. He gets no free reign, he hasn't improvised a promo since he was in OVW. Triple H is the evil boss who wants to ruin careers.

In other words, Dirty "2003" Eddie's post is a prime example of the hypocrisy you spoke of. According to him and his ilk, Triple H and Cena are bastards if they bury the new champion who's trying to establish himself, but it's fine if Company Man Punk does it.

From what I remember, when Chioda tried to make the 3 count during the re-shoot he either couldn't get his hand down for 3 because either Miz or Cena got in the way or Cena's shoulder was up because he seemed to stop before he counted three, and it almost looked like Cena kicked out because only a 2 count was heard in the arena, however in the edit, the sound of a 3 count had been dubbed over (you will notice it doesn't sound quite right if you watch it again). Anyway, that's why he seemed pissed off, because he fucked up the count.

On the first reshoot of it, Cena did kick out because R-Truth didn't make it to hold his legs down in time. Then they did it a third time, and got it right.

I've said it before, but I feel for Del Rio at the moment. The guy is clearly talented in the ring and has a decent level of charisma, it's just that the writing team are being very fucking lazy and uninspiring with his character and promo material. People say that his promos are shit and he goes over the same thing over & over- not really his fault considering his promos are probably 99% scripted, his delivery seems decent enough.

I can give nothing but love for ADR in the ring. He's absolutely terrific in there. No question. I debate that his delivery is good though. He's been coming out with different stuff in the last few weeks and it just all sounds ridiculous and I think CM Punk got it spot on, even if he should've kept his trap shut.

• Paid Members
I've said it before, but I feel for Del Rio at the moment. The guy is clearly talented in the ring and has a decent level of charisma, it's just that the writing team are being very fucking lazy and uninspiring with his character and promo material. People say that his promos are shit and he goes over the same thing over & over- not really his fault considering his promos are probably 99% scripted, his delivery seems decent enough.

I can give nothing but love for ADR in the ring. He's absolutely terrific in there. No question. I debate that his delivery is good though. He's been coming out with different stuff in the last few weeks and it just all sounds ridiculous and I think CM Punk got it spot on, even if he should've kept his trap shut.

Which is all fine and well but it was the MANNER in which he did it. You can bet your bottom dollar that if the shoe was on the other foot and someone did that to Punk we would never hear the end of it.

Punk's problem right now is that he's being given far too much freedom, by the looks of things. If the writers are actually authorising these things before he says them, then they are wrong to do so. Sure, the initial shoots were great and the exchanges with Cena were wonderful to a point but even they became too much after a point. Now it's just shoot, shoot, shoot every time he has a mic and in the process he's lost the ability to actually put together a really strong and pointed promo because he's too busy trying to be clever and edgy.

He should remember his promos and stuff that he did with Jeff Hardy. Reigned in he was still absolutely awesome and sold the angles brilliantly. Same with the Straight Edge Society stuff. Sure, telling ADR that he's basically utter shit on the mic and nobody cares might get an initial pop, but in the long run you are crapping on a guy who clearly has talent across the board and who has had a lot of time and effort invested in him by the WWE, who are not exactly giving him the most enthralling stuff to work with right now. It was just wrong.

On the first reshoot of it, Cena did kick out because R-Truth didn't make it to hold his legs down in time. Then they did it a third time, and got it right.

Yes, you're right. The actual 3 count audio is a dub though of the first attempt, along with obviously the original commentary.

Archived