GTAV

Astro Hollywood

• Moderators

Random question: anyone find they aren't buying weapons and, in particular, armour at all?

In all the GTA's I cannot think of one where I did not buy massive amounts of armour. I guess with the ability to just restart the mission the need to do the, admittedly, annoying run to ammu-nation prior is gone.

Quite the opposite really. I've found I always make sure to have armour and the three characters have all weapons, all modded, and all full ammo!

The "unable to save to cloud servers" shit is really starting to grate though...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I got to just before the final heist and realised Michael, in particular, had fuck all ammo and hardly any weapons I didn't have to buy for a mission. I hadn't bought armour for anyone.

So I tooled up for the final heist, and what comes after. Taking out a single bloke with an RPG is unusually satisfying.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Bifkin, I thought of you immediately when I read about the knife fights. Only to have my dream of a bare chested knife fight with you on Vespucci Beach as the waves lapped around our feet ended the next day when I re read the article.

:(

Still, nothing stopping us doing that though.

• Paid Members
I was thinking about a feature that would be cool for another GTA.

Headphones/MP3 players, so you can listen to music whilst running/cycling. It's always weird when you're doing stuff without music in game.

Yeah, I wondered why they didn't shoe that into the iFruit phone. Simple yet decent idea.

• Paid Members

You might as well just put your own stereo on in the background, no? Have never understood the need for that from some gamers. I know they did it for the pc version of GTAIV, though.

Edited by PunkStep

• Awards Moderator
It would have been nice to have your own custom Radio station too, with music saved to your HDD.

Not for GTA. Everything is always so well curated that it would spoil the mood to suddenly have a tune that jars with the setting. I haven't played V but there's plenty of comments back there /\ repeating how great the music choices are. It's a really overlooked skill.