Gadaffi captured/killed

Frankie Crisp

a Muslim sympathiser

What's wrong with that?

Nothing. So long as you're not also a bigot.

Then why mention it at all, especially as a negative, which it was given the context? Surely "Motherwell Fan" would have been insulting enough?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
a Muslim sympathiser

What's wrong with that?

Then why mention it at all, especially as a negative, which it was given the context? Surely "Motherwell Fan" would have been insulting enough?

I don't think he meant Muslim Sympathiser in a negative way, more that someone who is simulteaneously a Muslim Sympathiser and a bigot is a bit of a contradictory pillock.

I don't think he meant Muslim Sympathiser in a negative way, more that someone who is simulteaneously a Muslim Sympathiser and a bigot is a bit of a contradictory pillock.

Or, maybe he just doesn't like Muslim sympathisers and considers it a negative trait for me to have?

a Muslim sympathiser

What's wrong with that?

Ah right, I'm with you. Sorry, Rick.

Or, maybe he just doesn't like Muslim sympathisers and considers it a negative trait for me to have?

Nah, Surf is right, I was pulling you on being full of shit.

That name change in the quote got you the closest you've ever come to being granted a VuVu smiley there, Diz! 4.5 stars for effort big man!

And Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni perhaps summed up non-western feelings on the issue perfectly;

"Muammar Gaddafi, whatever his faults, is a true nationalist. I prefer nationalists to puppets of foreign interests."

This would be the same ugandan president who'se rigged elections and changed the constitution to allow a fourth term in office? With similarly poor records in regards to the treatment of opposition party members? Who'se considering bringing in the death penalty for homosexuality in his country?

Are you sure he's not summing up dictator feelings rather than non-western feelings?

Was the over throw of gadaffi, for the most part, done by non western people?

Honestly David, you almost seem blinded to the issues in other countries because you've noticed the corruption and problems in our own. It's all very well noting all the things we do wrong, but I think you do have to start looking at it in context to what's actually happening in the rest of the world.

a Muslim sympathiser

What's wrong with that? I sympathise with them for the shit they have to put up with. Also, what is a WUM?

I thought that David's problem was with publishing a photo of a recently killed to death leader. Unlike Bin Laden, where he was happy not to see any photo's of the body.

EDIT - It's wind up merchant, isn't it!

Well, I LOL'ed.

By the way I wasn't condoning the way he was killed just asking what you honestly expected to happen in that situation. He's died in the same way he ruled and treated his people.

This would be the same ugandan president who'se rigged elections and changed the constitution to allow a fourth term in office? With similarly poor records in regards to the treatment of opposition party members? Who'se considering bringing in the death penalty for homosexuality in his country?

Are you sure he's not summing up dictator feelings rather than non-western feelings?

Honestly David, you almost seem blinded to the issues in other countries because you've noticed the corruption and problems in our own. It's all very well noting all the things we do wrong, but I think you do have to start looking at it in context to what's actually happening in the rest of the world.

I'm not advocating the actions of the Ugandan leader by any means, I'm simply saying that his choice of words in this instance are pretty much bang on the money.

Well you said they represented the non-western world, but on the basis he's pretty much a dictator too, I'd say he's a pretty fucking useless sourse. And on the basis various bits of the non-western world have been rising up against dictators recently, I don't think they necessarily represent them either.

All in all, I think your anti-western stuff's a little tired in this instance. He was a scumbag, his people wanted him gone, he killed loads of them, he got dead, we ensured he couldn't kill as many of his people on the way out (probably to help with oil interests, granted, but even so).

• Moderators
On topic, really, why the whining about him getting shot up? He's a mass murdering terrorist supporting plane gettting crashed fuckhead. He killed 10's of thousands trying to hold on to power over a country that didn't want him and we're actually bothered that when he got caught he was killed?

Bunch o damn hippies, quite frankly.

You mean like these hippies? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15399951

I can sympathise with their feelings on the issue, but honestly their concerns are not as important as those of the Libyan people who faced brunt of his regime far worse and have to do something about moving forward with the state of their country.

I can't really fault them for killing him.

Also, from that article - Matouk looks like Will Ferrell in comedy make up.

I'm not advocating the actions of the Ugandan leader by any means, I'm simply saying that his choice of words in this instance are pretty much bang on the money.

Why don't you come up with your own words ad opinions then rather than copying somebody else's who holds no merit?

Well you said they represented the non-western world, but on the basis he's pretty much a dictator too, I'd say he's a pretty fucking useless sourse. And on the basis various bits of the non-western world have been rising up against dictators recently, I don't think they necessarily represent them either.

I'm not championing his cause by any means, and it could have been anyone who said it. I simply believe that what he says about puppet Governments echoes a lot of the sentiment felt in the non-western world.

All in all, I think your anti-western stuff's a little tired in this instance. He was a scumbag, his people wanted him gone, he killed loads of them, he got dead, we ensured he couldn't kill as many of his people on the way out (probably to help with oil interests, granted, but even so).

As I said, I'm not going to defend the guy as a Saint, and won't say that I'm upset over him dying. What I am saying is that yet again it's another instance of the west getting involved in order to further their own agenda, even to the point where they're willing to back a group of people that they have claimed to be at war with in other countries.

Gaddafi did murder his own people, and for that he deserved to pay. NATO bombs have also killed innocent Libyans, but those who fired them won't be made to pay. Much like those who killed innocent Iraqis and Afghans won't be made to pay either.

If Gaddafi & Hussein are war criminals, then both Blair & Bush most certainly are as well, along with many others. I doubt we'll see them shot in the head and paraded in the street or their dead childrens photos printed in our national newspapers.

If the media in somewhere like Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran or Libya had carried such pictures of our leaders or their families there would be cries about the inhumanity of it all, no?

The west didn't get involved in the Libyan situation in order to help the people of that country, that was simply a welcomed side-affect of them seeing an opportunity and seizing it.

The whole situation stinks.

• Moderators

Why don't you come up with your own words ad opinions then rather than copying somebody else's who holds no merit?

Why don't you post something of worth for once, ever, or just shut the fuck up?

Archived