Gadaffi captured/killed

Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members
The west didn't get involved in the Libyan situation in order to help the people of that country

That's exactly what they've done and they've done it in the right manner through NATO. The only "opportunity" they've seized is that the people of Libya formed their own uprising and NATO helped rather than invade. It's exactly how these things should be done and the result is the end of a cruel dictator and a brighter future for everyone in Libya. It's nothing like what happened in Afghanistan or Iraq.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure the fact it helps oil supplies stay out of the hands of mental dictators helped, always does. Just like it made sense to intervene in serbia because a more stable europe helps trade and keeps things ticking over.

The fact those things helped the decision doesn't detract from the fact that a mad dictator was being over thrown by his own people and our intervention meant thousands less got killed on the way to it.

For all david's whining about oil interests and everything else, without our intervention 10's of thousands more would have died, that has to be worse, doesn't it?

This would be the same ugandan president who'se rigged elections and changed the constitution to allow a fourth term in office? With similarly poor records in regards to the treatment of opposition party members? Who'se considering bringing in the death penalty for homosexuality in his country?

Are you sure he's not summing up dictator feelings rather than non-western feelings?

Was the over throw of gadaffi, for the most part, done by non western people?

Honestly David, you almost seem blinded to the issues in other countries because you've noticed the corruption and problems in our own. It's all very well noting all the things we do wrong, but I think you do have to start looking at it in context to what's actually happening in the rest of the world.

I'm not advocating the actions of the Ugandan leader by any means, I'm simply saying that his choice of words in this instance are pretty much bang on the money.

Why don't you come up with your own words ad opinions then rather than copying somebody else's who holds no merit?

Why don't you post something of worth for once, ever, or just shut the fuck up?

Like your post, yeah?

Actually for me it's the fact that he seems to have been killed by a gun toting mob of civilians it seems.

That's a pretty dangerous group to be supporting. If our governments are supporting democracy in Libya then they really should be condemning this action.

Archived