WWE Vengeance 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm way, way more excited for Raw tomorrow with all the build-up for what looks like could be a stacked Survivor Series. There's just nothing that makes this PPV stand out for me in any way shape or form. I'm actually a fan of Del Rio and I've enjoyed his matches with Cena, but not to the point where I absolutely need to see what happens next in their rivalry. And as much as I'm loving Mark Henry's ascent to mega-monsterdom and as much as I like the Big Show, I think this match will stink something absolutely fierce. Even if it doesn't, it'll be no better than a match that barely deserves to headline a Smackdown.

I think what im looking forward to most is what's going to happen in the tag match. With the build to Survivor Series starting tomorrow, I'd imagine Nash will be back tonight and we'll get some form of Lauranitus shenanigans etc. I think this PPV will begin the build to Survivor Series.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Nash is surely back in this one. All the pieces are there for it to actually make sense. Triple H and Punk are now on the same side, the two guys he had issue with and Big John will have surely rehired him like he did Truth and Miz and all of Triple Hs future endeavored have reason there to side together.

As much as a shambles as much of this angle has been it could all come together quite nicely for The Series still. Punk will blatantly be a complete afterthought and totally overshadowed come then though methinks. Which is mildly amusing considering how his part was played at the beginning.

So this is tonight and on Sky Sports 1 is it?

I'm in uni tomorrow at 12 for a seminar which I could do with being awake for...but I'm looking forward to this. The tag team match is intriguing since a fair few people (myself included) are expect some sort of shenanigans to take place to start a build for Survivor Series, Zack Ryder is on PPV for the first time in....a long time, and John Cena is yet to have a bad Last Man Standing match.

This should be a really good show, so I'll get to bed in a bit to catch a few hours and then do my best to not fall asleep during the show. This'll be my first live show since Money in the Bank, and with the UK shows just around the corner (and Muppets guest hosting on Hallowe'en) I'll be making sure I catch Raw for the next few weeks too. For all of the title hotshotting, it's not a bad time to be a wrestling fan.

• Paid Members

The card actually looks pretty good IMO. There isn't a match there I would skip, hell even the women's match is probably the best they can come up with from the Diva roster they currently have. Won't stay up and watch it live but will record as it's free on Sky.

There is a good chance I will stay up for Survivor Series, given the return of The Rock and potentially others.

Watching this in my mate's house, and quite looking forward to it.

I fear for the Big Show and Mark Henry match though.

Henry's run with the strap has been surprisingly good so far and he's finally justifying the Three 6 Mafia lyrics in his entrance theme, but I think tonight will stink.

The tag match is the one I'm looking forward to most, and I'm really glad Cena ADR is a gimmick match, cause Del Rio bores me to tears, but Cena generally has good gimmick matches.

I'm expecting some Laurinitis/Nash happenings too.

Archived