WWE Vengeance 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Brilliant. No sooner do they aim to build the Intercontinental Title up, but now they piss on it by showing Orton is above it. Stinks of the Orton/Foley fued years ago when Orton was ironically the Champ.

Orton defended the title against Foley, you moron. That the title was important enough for Mick to want to try and take it made the title look good.

Bar that sombody mentioned before, but i think the IC title was on the line at least once during Flair / Triple H, (in the cage i think) in which flair beat Triple H.

You are correct sir. Flair defended the title against Trips in the cage match, which felt slightly spoilerish in that we knew Flair would win since Hunter was ridiculously above Intercontinental title by that time, but even with that fact I was still mildly surprised to see Flair actually beat the bugger. The rematch (Last Man Standing IIRC) was non-title, which again was a spoiler that Hunter would get his win back, which he did.

I'm dying for Rhodes/Orton non-title to throw a curve ball and have Cody win.

Glad to know, I know my stuff...some of the time!

I actually think Cody will take the win, although the title could be doing with being on the line really.

I am not looking forward to this event,

all the matches have been built poor and I will not be purchasing this event.

I just hope Del rio and Henry retain their title's.

I will be watching on Sky Sports 1.

And what exactly does "built poor" mean? None of the matches have been thrown together without any storyline progression. What exactly do you want?!

I too, don't understand this "poor build" attitude that;s going around.

Cena/Del Rio has been going Summerslam.

Henry/Show has been building since, what? Just after OTL?

Cody/Orton has been going for a month or two now.

HHH/CM Punk has been on the go since Summerslam, even further if you include R-Truth's conspiracy run at CP.

Ziggler/Ryder's been brewing since Jackman turned up on Raw.

Sheamus/Christian is a rematch from HIAC.

Phoenix/Torres has been a continuation of the DOD storyline with Kelly Kelly which has been the focus of the Divas division since after MITB.

Also, we can't underestimate the fact we have seven logically booked, pre-announced matches. Compare this to early this year, where the Rumble had FOUR matches, and the Elimination Chamber was basically filler sandwiched by the two EC matches, or even the last half of 2010, and I'm glad we don't have to endure Tag title "bonus matches" every fucking PPV.

I too, don't understand this "poor build" attitude that;s going around.

Cena/Del Rio has been going Summerslam.

Henry/Show has been building since, what? Just after OTL?

Cody/Orton has been going for a month or two now.

HHH/CM Punk has been on the go since Summerslam, even further if you include R-Truth's conspiracy run at CP.

Ziggler/Ryder's been brewing since Jackman turned up on Raw.

Sheamus/Christian is a rematch from HIAC.

Phoenix/Torres has been a continuation of the DOD storyline with Kelly Kelly which has been the focus of the Divas division since after MITB.

Also, we can't underestimate the fact we have seven logically booked, pre-announced matches. Compare this to early this year, where the Rumble had FOUR matches, and the Elimination Chamber was basically filler sandwiched by the two EC matches, or even the last half of 2010, and I'm glad we don't have to endure Tag title "bonus matches" every fucking PPV.

Well by poor build its meant do you give a shit about any of those matches? Many do have a reasoning behind them but they don't sound too good. Especially with the amount of half arsed pay per views we've been thrown at us lately

• Paid Members
Well by poor build its meant do you give a shit about any of those matches? Many do have a reasoning behind them but they don't sound too good. Especially with the amount of half arsed pay per views we've been thrown at us lately

Aside from the women's match I'm looking forward to all those matches. Plus, WWE's PPVs have, aside from Wrestlemania and Summerslam, been uniformly excellent and rarely been 'half arsed'.

Aside from the women's match I'm looking forward to all those matches. Plus, WWE's PPVs have, aside from Wrestlemania and Summerslam, been uniformly excellent and rarely been 'half arsed'.

I don't class the likes of Over The Limit and Capitol Punishment as uniformly excellent. They've had some alright pay per views this year EC, ER, MITB but personally the rest have been pretty missable. I just don't think much of what they're doing is clicking and working.

Surely 'giving a shit' is also down to personal opinion, not completely dependent on whether they've done a good build up or not?

There's a lot of wrestlers I don't give a shit about because they're not to my taste, but it doesn't always mean WWE or TNA have done a bad job of pushing them.

Even the womens match has arguably had a fairly decent build up and makes sense in context, but I've very rarely been interested in women as wrestlers.

Looking forward to this, am off work tomorrow and tuesday so it's a late night with some beers job.

Any ideas on what the main event is yet? I assume it has to be the tag match (Miz and Truth vs. Punk and HHH) as I can see something big going down in it, and I think Cena loses tonight so I doubt they'd want that as the main event, unless of course the stories are going to intertwine for Survivor Series so something big happens for Del Rio to retain etc.

Good matches and build on this card though, which will make for an entertaining PPV. Hopefully Ziggler leaves with some gold tonight, really digging him lately so looking forward to seeing him twice!

Archived