WWE Vengeance 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

Is Ziggler wrestling in two maches at the PPV then? I saw the Smackdown spoilers and saw the match with Ryder has been made but then thought that perhaps it was bogus. On Raw it was announced him and Swagger are taking on AirBoom.

Looks like the tag title match got scrapped.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think both Dolph and Cody have done well with the titles. They both kept them for a while and have been defending them. Doesn't seem like every time they are up on the line there going be dropped.

I hope Dolph keeps it.

Looks like a decent card. Most of the matches have a decent build up. Dont like the idea of the Intercontinental champ (unless Rhodes loses it beforehand) facing a main eventer in a non title match even though I'm sure it will be a good match. I would prefer to see an IC title defence to keep the title in the spotlight.

Am I the only one who hates non-title matches on a PPV?

Nope I hate them to. Nothing says "this title is not good enough to be on Randy Orton" then making it non title. Same for when Ric Flair faced HHH non title. The IC belt is good enough for Flair, but not for Triple H? PFT!

If they wanted to build the IC belt, they could of had Rhodes brag about how hes going to put the title up against Orton to help raise the titles profile and cement his reputation as the best IC champion of all time.

This is more of a personal rivalry though, rather than a 'I want your title' or just randomly thrown together title match. It was the same with HHH/Naitch. I'm not saying there isn't an element of Orton appearing above it, but there are other reasons too.

Yeah, but if you replaced Orton with someone like Ted DiBiase, then the title would be on the line. The reason for the match is not "I want your belt" and it may never be the focus, but because both are at that level - the belt would be at stake.

I'm more annoyed because a non-title match says Orton's going to win. It doesn't elevate Cody at all, it just shows the level of difference between the two. I'd have made it a title match, and then have Rhodes get DQ or Counted Out or something and then have Orton going mental with an RKO on the table as a feud ender.

This is more of a personal rivalry though, rather than a 'I want your title' or just randomly thrown together title match. It was the same with HHH/Naitch. I'm not saying there isn't an element of Orton appearing above it, but there are other reasons too.

Yeah but EVERY title match tends to have personal rivalry thrown in. Besides don't you think if it was personal that Orton would WANT to take away something that Rhodes cares about? And shouldn't Rhodes WANT to defend the belt against him as part of his mission to ligitimise the title?

I think its hurts the championship when it's put into this scenario. Having the IC title briefly go onto Orton (AND have him happy about it) or Rhodes successfully defending it against Orton makes the IC belt so much more. It makes it a ligit bridge to the main event as oppose to just mid card filler.

Orton: "I hate you Rhodes. With every fiber of my being. I want to hurt you, and strip away your dignity. I want to do everything in my power to crush your hopes and dreams..... but you can keep your stinky Intercontinental Title. Seriously. I know it means something to you... but to me? Meh."

OR

Orton: "I hate you Rhodes. With every fiber of my being. I want to hurt you, and strip away your dignity. I want to do everything in my power to crush your hopes and dreams... and not only will I beat you within a inch of your life, but I will also take your Intercontinental Title as the exclamation point to your utter destruction, and show you what it takes to truly be a Champion."

I know which I prefer.

• Paid Members

I might be wrong but wasnt the Ic title on the line during Foley/ortons match at backlash, which until then they'd only really had the one other match at mania which was a six man. Which to that point, that fued totally MADE orton.

Bar that sombody mentioned before, but i think the IC title was on the line at least once during Flair / Triple H, (in the cage i think) in which flair beat Triple H.

I agree not putting the title up, hurts the titles value somewhat as if cody could retain it just adds to him being champion. Show / Henry will be terrible (the MITB match was) and Cena/Del rio is looking to another stupid title change.

• Paid Members
Brilliant. No sooner do they aim to build the Intercontinental Title up, but now they piss on it by showing Orton is above it. Stinks of the Orton/Foley fued years ago when Orton was ironically the Champ.

Orton defended the title against Foley, you moron. That the title was important enough for Mick to want to try and take it made the title look good.

Bar that sombody mentioned before, but i think the IC title was on the line at least once during Flair / Triple H, (in the cage i think) in which flair beat Triple H.

You are correct sir. Flair defended the title against Trips in the cage match, which felt slightly spoilerish in that we knew Flair would win since Hunter was ridiculously above Intercontinental title by that time, but even with that fact I was still mildly surprised to see Flair actually beat the bugger. The rematch (Last Man Standing IIRC) was non-title, which again was a spoiler that Hunter would get his win back, which he did.

I'm dying for Rhodes/Orton non-title to throw a curve ball and have Cody win.

Archived