WWE Vengeance 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

To pretend that a show was great when in fact the opposite was the case well all I can say is this.

Who's pretending anything you utter bellend?

I thought the action was brilliant, but for some reason I just couldn't get into it. Was disappointed by the big tag match but the main event surprised me ( although it really shouldn't have ), as did Show/Henry and the diva match, seeing as Eve is horrific. The other matches delivered what was expected of them, which was decent action.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Not surprisngly, the lack of clean finishes in the biggest three contests on the card didn't help matters.

To put it simply, the headlines were as follows:

Alberto Del Rio retains the WWE title after help from The Miz and R-Truth.

Mark Henry keeps hold of the world title after a ring collapse.

Miz and Truth beat Triple H and CM Punk with outside interference from Kevin Nash.

Having read the above, it doesn't exactly make you want to rush out and catch the replay, does it?

The Sun are even bigger mongs than I thought. Nash doing a run in will up the replay viewings for Vengeance tenfold, everybody knows this.

And yes they are heavily biased toward TNA due to the Simon Rothschild link

Not surprisngly, the lack of clean finishes in the biggest three contests on the card didn't help matters.

To put it simply, the headlines were as follows:

Alberto Del Rio retains the WWE title after help from The Miz and R-Truth.

Mark Henry keeps hold of the world title after a ring collapse.

Miz and Truth beat Triple H and CM Punk with outside interference from Kevin Nash.

Having read the above, it doesn't exactly make you want to rush out and catch the replay, does it?

The Sun are even bigger mongs than I thought. Nash doing a run in will up the replay viewings for Vengeance tenfold, everybody knows this.

And yes they are heavily biased toward TNA due to the Simon Rothschild link

Nash doing a run in will up the replay viewings for Vengeance tenfold, everybody knows this.

Now that is what you call a funny joke.

I'm not getting bored of saying this, another top PPV from WWE. They really have had a marvellous year on PPV, especially from a storyline point of view where they've made me want to see what happens next almost every PPV. Whether what happens on RAW has been any good is another matter.

Tag Titles was the best Tag match I've seen in a long while. Ziggler's flip on the monkey flip was incredible. Overall it was fast-paced, hard-hitting and everything seemed to click. Ziggler is getting to the stage of having it all. His match with Ryder was decent afterwards.

Sheamus/Christian and Orton/Rhodes were both very good matches but both lacked a little fire perhaps, enjoyable but didn't really get me massively hooked at any point. Miz/Truth vs Punk/HHH was a good effort, not amazing but very good from a storyline point of view anyway with Nash returning.

Show vs Henry was great stuff. They had a top big man match and then the finish, although done before was fantastic. I loved it when it happened first time so glad it's been done on PPV and fingers crossed it sets up another match, perhaps with a stipulation. Never thought a few years ago i'd be clammering for a Show vs Henry match in 2011, glad I am though.

Last man Standing was fantastic, one of my favourite matches of the year. I'm a sucker for these sort of 'stunt brawls' rather than a weapon loaded match. They can be over-the-top but they're bloody good fun. The broken ring added a memorable element and the bump Del Rio took off it was unbelievable, in fact Del Rio took so much stuff in this match that I promise i'll try harder to get into him fully (ooh-er missus) All the spots (Del Rio through the tables, backstage stuff, Cena going through the V) were great and there was some really unique stuff in it that made it a top match.

Sorry, I have a, perhaps irrational, hatred of those tag team names where people amalgamate two names or terms to come up with the team name. Like 'Swaggler' and even 'Awesome Truth'. Rock 'n' Roll Express would probably be called Morson in this day and age...

I prefer ZigSwag, I do understand what you mean though, it's a bit of a lazy way of coming up with a name, The Rockers, Rock 'n' Roll Express, LOD, Headbangers, Too Cool, British Bulldogs, Hart Foundation, New Age Outlaws, Acolytes (APA), La Resistance, all cool names which were properly thought about, nowadays they just put two wrestlers together and either mix up their names, kinda like the whole celebrity relationship stuff like Bennifer/Brangelina or like the Jedward stuff or they pick two terms like you said. I think it's been affected by lazy writers who can't be bothered coming up with good quality names like in the past and also by this whole celebrity mashing up two names thing.

• Paid Members
I don't know where JoMo came from but I hate that too. AmDrag too. Sorry to sound like a broken record.

Are you serious?

Yeah.

You REALLY don't see where they got those nicknames from? Look again.

Archived