The Post A Pic Of Yourself Thread V2

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Here is me in Portugal. I was very amused by the sign. I also like my colours to clash when I'm outside the UK:

1497478_507541222693958_1355413087_n_zpsb5810040.jpg

Also, Rosey, it distressed me to hear that you are now forever in the USA and got rid of your place in Edmonton because as you know I had always dreamed of living in Edmonton :'(

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Moderators
Here is me, signing off from being British today.

Have your tea-making skills gone already?

Tea, with lukewarm water and lemon on the side.

Ha. I remember asking for two teabags everywhere eventually because those Lipton bags are just so weak...

• Paid Members
Here is me, signing off from being British today.

Have your tea-making skills gone already?

Tea, with lukewarm water and lemon on the side.

Ha. I remember asking for two teabags everywhere eventually because those Lipton bags are just so weak...

Years before I moved, I was waiting for a mate at a Barnes and Noble bookstore, and I ordered some biscuits and a large earl grey - got a 32oz soft drink cup with 3 bags and lukewarm water.

Also, Rosey, it distressed me to hear that you are now forever in the USA and got rid of your place in Edmonton because as you know I had always dreamed of living in Edmonton :'(

It's still up for sale, if you want to buy it. The last buyer went off the grid or something, and although I think it's presently being revalued by a potential buyer, that could be YOU!*

*Honestly, though, mate... Edmonton Green is a shithole.

• Moderators
There was only one cringeworthy, 'MERICAN moment -
. I'll post a video later, although Chest is one of the few people on here that might have seen it anyways.

That is one of the worst songs. I always mock americans for it.

• Paid Members

Bill, was the citizenship test hard? I've always wondered if it's easy for people like us in the UK who speak English as a first language and are exposed to huge amounts of American culture.

• Paid Members
Bill, was the citizenship test hard? I've always wondered if it's easy for people like us in the UK who speak English as a first language and are exposed to huge amounts of American culture.

The actual test was an absolute piece of piss:

Verbal section - "say this very simple phrase" (difficulty level around about: How do you like those apples?)

Written section - "Write down the same phrase you just read, and saw

Questions - I don't even know what the threshold was, I answered 6 questions in 10 seconds, and that was that. However, it did need studying - I'm a politics twat, so I knew who the Chief Justice was, and how many representatives are in House of Representatives, but I might not have. Still, dead easy. It's more a test to keep out the really lazy or the incurably stupid, I think.

However, although most of the people I encountered in the system were nice, and it runs a lot better than it does in the UK, the interviewer was a twat. I think he was the real test, i.e. if someone mouthed off to him they'd be in real trouble.

• Paid Members
However, although most of the people I encountered in the system were nice, and it runs a lot better than it does in the UK,

I went with my wife when she applied for British citizenship and it's actually a remarkably easy process as long as you've got the paperwork with you. Despite what the general public seem to think, the immigration process in this country appears to be run very efficiently as far as I can tell.

• Paid Members
However, although most of the people I encountered in the system were nice, and it runs a lot better than it does in the UK,

I went with my wife when she applied for British citizenship and it's actually a remarkably easy process as long as you've got the paperwork with you. Despite what the general public seem to think, the immigration process in this country appears to be run very efficiently as far as I can tell.

I imagine that they've stepped up their game - the biometric testing was just rolling out when my wife was getting her visa, and fucking hell. I'd rather go to the moon than visit Luna House again, and the fact that to get a biometric test within three months she had to go to Cardiff was a right laugh. Also, having them confiscate your passport rather than take a certified copy whilst things were processing is mental.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

FYywx1O.jpg

Heading off to a WrestleMania party tonight, first time watching an event with more than a few people with me so should be great. There's a fancy dress competition, so threw this together last minute. It's fun being a student an being allowed away with this rubbish.

• Paid Members
FYywx1O.jpg

Heading off to a WrestleMania party tonight, first time watching an event with more than a few people with me so should be great. There's a fancy dress competition, so threw this together last minute. It's fun being a student an being allowed away with this rubbish.

No-one fucks with MMA Charlie Chaplin.

No-one fucks with MMA Charlie Chaplin.

:laugh: