The Post A Pic Of Yourself Thread V2

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
See, it was all going so well until you're parting shot there. I've obviously touched a nerve somewhere, and for that I apologise. I'll be honest and say that I wouldn't know your post history or record of self-deprecating on this forum. I don't think we've ever crossed paths before now, and I don't really know who you are (even if you seem to know a fair bit about me and my supposed posting style it would appear!)

I was only going on the two images you posted, and assumed you'd posted them for their comedy value. That obviously wasn't the case, so I apologise.

To assume - especially with someone that you claim to know nothing about - that someone's posting a picture for comedic value, is a massively dickish thing to do.

That's possibly the worst defence I've ever seen posted on here. You're essentially blaming him for posting a picture that you feel deserved to have the piss taken out of it, and then not being happy that you did.

Edited by Nostalgia Nonce

To assume - especially with someone that you claim to know nothing about - that someone's posting a picture for comedic value, is a massively dickish thing to do.

That's possibly the worst defence I've ever seen posted on here. You're essentially blaming him for posting a picture that you feel deserved to have the piss taken out of it, and then not being happy that you did.

Oh come on, if one of the forums "dolts" had posted photos like that they would have had the piss taken without a doubt, and they would have been told in no uncertain terms to live with it. Why should this be any different?

If you have a thin skin you'd probably be best not to post pictures of yourself on a public internet forum.

EDIT: Anyway, he didn't take it well, and I apologised.

Edited by David

• Paid Members

I must be speaking gibberish. I'm not remotely arsed by the jibe, just that it came across so fucking smug. "LOL, Tyrone off Corrie" is clearly lighthearted ribbing, you're line came off as someone trying to make themself feel better.

Just a couple of pages back, there's a picture of me in pink girls baseball cap, so for the record, i'm perfectly open to ribbing and not remotely arsed by the jibe.

EDIT. You dont need to apologise fella. You didnt do anything wrong, i just reserve the right to take exception to people's manner from time to time, as i've done so on here before.

Edited by John Matrix

I must be speaking gibberish. I'm not remotely arsed by the jibe, just that it came across so fucking smug. "LOL, Tyrone off Corrie" is clearly lighthearted ribbing, you're line came off as someone trying to make themself feel better.

Make myself feel better? Not sure how that would work to be honest.

I was simply taking a light-hearted jab at the fact that you had someone take a snap of you in a bus stop looking at your phone, and driving towards them on a bicycle. Not the kind of thing you would ask just anyone to do, right?

Jesus, I was kind of expecting a reply along the lines of "yeah, it was my girlfriend, but she knows I watch wrestling so this kind of thing is small potatoes", chuckle chuckle, ho ho and all that.

It had fuck all to do with manners. Being as you obviously know a bit about my posting history you would surely know that if I was being a smart arse I wouldn't have said something so innocuous.

• Paid Members

You have a vibe of being Wolverine's Dad in the first picture. Fairly impressive achievement.

EDIT:

Here's two from me. The suit photo is just over a month old and the hat photo (where I'm desperately trying to look like a model) from a few weeks ago. Since then I've shaved off the beard and most my hair (I go through phases) so its back to the long haul of growing them out again.

BK9G7Xm.jpg

xwidD6y.jpg

The suit photo was from my Summer Ball pre drinks I went too with the guy who's just finished uni in the photo with me. Decided rocking a pink blazer and chino shorts wouldn't look like I should own a boat.

Need any proof I'm a student, look at how happy I am with value cider.

Edited by Shy Dad