John Cena v The Rock

Devon Malcolm

John Cena v The Rock  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I've still no idea who will win. I know who I want to win.

I haven't changed my mind though. If I was booking, I'd still put the Rock over (as long as he's happy to come back and even it up at some point). Cena would recover easily from a loss.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I haven't changed my mind though. If I was booking, I'd still put the Rock over (as long as he's happy to come back and even it up at some point). Cena would recover easily from a loss.

I'd have Cena go over doing something shady, or somebody else does something shady. It keeps Cena strong and The Rock has a reason to come back. Plus, we have that lovely post-Mania rush of madness as Cena goes over Dwayne.

Same here. For me though it's got to be Cena, he's the one carrying the company for the next years worth of PPV buys so for me I think he should win it, potentially set up some sort of rematch for the future. As long as the finish isn't screwy and they don't do anything daft like cuddle afterwards I'll be happy.

• Paid Members

It's all John Cena for me. I was behind Rock right up until the "I'm never going away" thing he did, where he did go away and rarely comes back. John has been running this entire angle basically by himself from the day it started, and as much as The Rock was my favourite growing up, he has no right going over Cena.

His right is that he's better.

Unlike a lot of people, I don't hold a grudge against Dwayne for making the most out of his movie career.

He's done far more in his coming back than he ever had to do.

"I'm never going away" simply refers to the fact that never say never in terms of him returning again. That much was clear, and anyone who interpreted it in any other way is stupid.

• Paid Members

I'm still having trouble getting really excited for this match, perhaps as The Rock starts to appear more frequently again to promote it I'll give more of a shit, but at the moment there doesn't seem to be that much in the angle. I already care more about the potential of Punk vs Jericho with less than a month of build up behind it than I do for Cena and Rock which has been announced for almost a year.

• Paid Members

The Rock just hasn't been very good. His first appearance back was great fun and some of his video appearances have had some fire in them. Everything else has felt like him trying to get as many catchphrases in as possible - basically shouting "BUY MY SHIT!". He then mixes this in with hokey motivational speeches. Cena, whilst not always great, has consistently won their little promo wars.

I'd gladly move over to Team Bring It, if The Rock can 'Bring it' (ho and ho) in the lead up to 'Mania. Sadly, his material is shite and I don't see it getting any better. Cena raised the bar on Raw.

Years ago, I said that I thought The Rock was the only guy they could/should use to turn Cena heel. Now though, I'm not sure if it'll work.

I reckon they should wing it - if the crowd goes after Cena in a big way in Miami, turn him heel and give him the win.

Cena is my boy. Until Rock announced that he would be involved with WrestleMania 29, I was not only sure that he would win but was completely happy with that. However, whilst I still think Cena definitely has the edge as far as my support goes and is way more of a genuinely likeable, believable babyface, I'd be tempted to think that The Rock will take the victory in Miami in order to set up a rematch, whether it be at Summerslam with a rubber match at Mania 29 or just a flat out rematch a year later.

It's hard to say at the minute, but I couldn't see them having a WrestleMania rematch because they'd really be pushed for material by then, and Rock's schedule doesn't allow for adding much content for them to talk about. Their complaints about each other are the same as they were a year ago, and would largely be the same again in a year (only with one of them saying "I beat you once already") unless Rock's coming back for longer periods to build an actual storyline in between.

Archived