John Cena v The Rock

Devon Malcolm

John Cena v The Rock  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Dwayne's had some good response promos, but they have sort of avoided the point Cena was making, I think, probably because he know's he's right.

That's rubbish though. Every time Cena has said The Rock "doesn't care" and "he said he was back for good, but he leaves" The Rock has responded. The Rock said, from that promo Punk showed on Raw, that he never meant he was back all the time, just that he was sticking around rather than leaving for 6 years. Also he pointed out that his family are a wrestling family and it's in his blood, where as Cena is a failed bodybuilder who stumbled into the biz. I thought The Rock made his point clear and well, just that Cena only has one line against The Rock and uses it to death, despite The Rock dealing with it. Kinda makes Cena look like a knob, tbh.

If anything The Rock has exposed more holes in Cena, but Cena has just laughed them off, rather than responded.

The promos are worked shoots - there's only so much Rock can say in response to Cena without completely burying him and the wrestling business. He's hardly going to say that Cena stays in wrestling because his rap album bombed and no major studio will offer him the money Rock gets to make films, or that he himself got out because he didn't want to end up a paranoid, drug-ravaged mess who'll be dead by 45 like most others who stick it out in the business.

Cena pins rock clean, Rock grabs the mic says he was all wrong about Cena and hes the real deal ect, They pose and rock does the "you cant see me" gimmick.

That's my second most preferred outcome, after Cena winning and gloating to devastated ringside fans as Rock pouts. I'm just happy with anything that's going to result in "Never watching WWE again!" posts from bellends on the Monday. I prefer Rock to Cena (largely out of nostalgia, probably) but what the fuck do I care if Rock wins a wrestling match in 2012? He's not going to be on Raw every week afterwards and he'll be equally entertaining in subsequent appearances whether he wins or loses, so my interest is in the reactions from people. I was overjoyed when Hate Figure Kevin Nash attacked Fanboy's Dream CM Punk at SummerSlam because of all the spat dummies and toys next to prams on forums not as advanced as this one, and I'm hoping for that writ large after WrestleMania.

I think it would be a good time for the much wanted, needed and anticipated Cena heel turn. Cena beats Dwayne to a bloody pulp, with a chair or something, leaves him lying in the ring, the fans boo him out of the building. He does the "You can't see me" gimmick to the Wrestlemania crowd.

That's pretty sad when you're getting your kicks out of reading when anonymous posters 'spit their dummies out' so you can laugh to yourself. I don't think you're going to get as much enjoyment out of the match if you sit on the fence. You might get a few splinters too. I suppose you could say it's better that than being ultimately disappointed but that's the risk, excitement and it'd be more of an emotional rollercoaster that way.

• Paid Members

Meltzer's changed his tune. There's talk of Rock wrestling at Survivor Series and Royal Rumble now. I'd say thats a definite mistake. Not like I care of course, because I'd like to see him wrestle at SS and the Rumble, just for selfish reasons. Business wise, surely that would dilute the must see feel of his comeback.

• Paid Members
That's pretty sad when you're getting your kicks out of reading when anonymous posters 'spit their dummies out' so you can laugh to yourself.

In fairness, it is fucking hilarious.

"What a bad finish they should of done something else I'm never watchin WWE EVA AGAIN!1"

24 hours later...

"Raw was shit what do you think they could of done more with Rock, it would never of happened in the Attitude Era"

I thought you weren't watching WWE "EVA" again, cunt?

That's pretty sad when you're getting your kicks out of reading when anonymous posters 'spit their dummies out' so you can laugh to yourself.

Watching wrestling at all is pretty sad. Whether you're on the edge of your seat because you can't get over some bloke saying "poopy" four years prior or whether you're on the edge of the seat because you want to laugh at people who can't get over some bloke saying "poopy" four years prior, none of it's going to get you on the cover of Heat magazine and have women throwing themselves at you. But the reactions to Cena beating Rock would be truly delicious.

I don't think you're going to get as much enjoyment out of the match if you sit on the fence.

Did you not read my post, then? I'm not sitting on the fence. I'll be watching cheering on a Cena victory for maximum dummy-spitting.

I'll bitch about things but I don't think I've ever threatened to never watch the product again. Some people are ridiculously OTT.

Agreed on the 'no wrestling before 'Mania' thing regarding The Rock. It's not only that it's against Cena, but because it's his return to actual wrestling that makes 'Mania special.

Archived