John Cena v The Rock

Devon Malcolm

John Cena v The Rock  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Yes but you're not the only one who feels that way are you? All the other Cena haters don't want him to win either which is why they'll be watching the match as it happens and supporting The Rock. Do you video record all of your favourite football team's matches and watch them only after you've found out they've won??

that's not the same thing what so ever as both sides have a chance of winning but cena is being given a victory which he doesn't deserve, i would rather have seen rock vs punk or orton myself.

i can count on 1 hand the amount of cena matches that have actually entertained me.

You're not a Cena fan, we get it. But why rob yourself of all the suspense and drama that this match is without doubt going to have? What's the point of even following wrestling if that's your attitude :confused:

Team Rock all the way for me. Cena is great but has not adapted his character in years, while every other headliner in recent history has gone through periods of being stale, they make subtle changes to their character. Cena has been the same, never give up, hustle loyalty respect shite since 2006.

Also annoys me to hear these "anonymous wwe performers" cry to fat internet writers about The Rock. Saying it's for the money is a stretch in my opinion and one of them said you cant moan about HHH and Taker stealing spots because if they had to work the road they would. Horse shit! Cause they should but they dont!

Team Rock all the way for me. Cena is great but has not adapted his character in years, while every other headliner in recent history has gone through periods of being stale, they make subtle changes to their character. Cena has been the same, never give up, hustle loyalty respect shite since 2006.

Also annoys me to hear these "anonymous wwe performers" cry to fat internet writers about The Rock. Saying it's for the money is a stretch in my opinion and one of them said you cant moan about HHH and Taker stealing spots because if they had to work the road they would. Horse shit! Cause they should but they dont!

Yep, I agree with all of that completely.

Cena is a super talented bloke, but I can't get into his awful character. In another time/era I recon with his talent and charisma there are a bunch of brilliant characters he could play that I'd probably love, but this current one isn't one of 'em!

Rock's the fucking man. Just by being on the card he's making everyone's pay-off for Wrestlemania bigger. No-one who really deserves it is going to be left off because Rock is there, that's total bullshit. Mania's don't have a set rule of performer numbers or match types, if there was someone that WWE really felt deserved a spot, they'd get one. Make a 6-man an 8-man, stick a couple more in Money In The Bank or whatever. No-one is getting f'd over "because Dwayne turned up". Bull. Shit. The whole buyrate will be higher because of him and everyone involved gets paid more.

• Paid Members

These complaints about Cena not having changed his character in the past 6 or 7 years are baffling. Is there something specifically about Cena that demands he should change his character once in a while?

• Paid Members
These complaints about Cena not having changed his character in the past 6 or 7 years are baffling. Is there something specifically about Cena that demands he should change his character once in a while?

No, not specifically about Cena, I wouldnt imagine. Just a general rule of thumb in wrestling I guess. You'd pretty much have to go back to Hogan's Mania 1 - Mania 8 run at the top of the card (or even up until his heel turn at the Bash - though he was taking more and more time off in the lead up to that, so lets keep it to WWE) for the last time someone stayed on the top of the card without changing anything in their act. And Hogan didn't have to work as many TV hours/shows or PPV's in his run. I like Cena, but its hard to argue that he isnt a bit over exposed and a touch stale. I'm not talking; "TURN HIM HEEL!!!!", but subtle changes would suffice. Like the way he changed from rapper to military dude in the past. He has just been this exact character for nigh on 6 years now, which is a lifetime in wrestling, especially with the schedule they have now. Surely you can see how some people are tired of the act?

EDIT: Thats probably it for me now that I've put it in writing. I've never hated nor loved Cena. I was just sorta "meh" with him. Could take him or leave him. And I think its because I love his in ring work, but hate almost all of his out of the ring stuff. He cracks the odd great promo here and there, like this week on Raw, and I personally thought he bitch slapped CM Punk on the mic during the summer and never got enough credit for it, but in general is overall character doesnt interest me, as good as his matches may be.

• Paid Members
You'd pretty much have to go back to Hogan's Mania 1 - Mania 8 run at the top of the card (or even up until his heel turn at the Bash - though he was taking more and more time off in the lead up to that, so lets keep it to WWE) for the last time someone stayed on the top of the card without changing anything in their act.

Which is why, when he does eventually do something else, it will actually mean something. Unlike everyone else who turns and turns at the drop of a hat. And you don't have to go back that far. Cena's been the same since he dropped the rapping stuff around 2005. Michaels was the same character from 2002-2010. Undertaker has been the same character since he became the "dead man" again in 2004 (?).

It's not broken, so why fix it? The problems in WWE aren't Cena, it's the lack of making people to work with him. Whenever they've found a fresh oppo on his level in that past 7 years, Batista, HBK, Rocky, Umaga, etc, it's been great.

Yes but you're not the only one who feels that way are you? All the other Cena haters don't want him to win either which is why they'll be watching the match as it happens and supporting The Rock. Do you video record all of your favourite football team's matches and watch them only after you've found out they've won??

that's not the same thing what so ever as both sides have a chance of winning but cena is being given a victory which he doesn't deserve, i would rather have seen rock vs punk or orton myself.

i can count on 1 hand the amount of cena matches that have actually entertained me.

You're not a Cena fan, we get it. But why rob yourself of all the suspense and drama that this match is without doubt going to have? What's the point of even following wrestling if that's your attitude :confused:

first time i'll ever not watch a match but i'm sorry it's how i feel.

i almost stopping watching wwe in 05 when cena was beating guys like christian, jericho & my fav angle, luckily the Rated R superstar came along :D

• Moderators

You're a fool then. Really.

If your boy wins the match you'll miss out on all the suspense, excitement and "I was there! (watching it on a stream)" that only comes with watching it live. Why do you even watch wrestling?

first time i'll ever not watch a match but i'm sorry it's how i feel.

i almost stopping watching wwe in 05 when cena was beating guys like christian, jericho & my fav angle, luckily the Rated R superstar came along :D

Yeah, Edge cashing in the first Money in the Bank was cracking, one of my favourite wrestling memories. It was glorious watching it as it happened. I'd have felt sillier cheering a PWTorch results page the next day.

Want the Rock to win, think Cena will win

I know and agree with all the stuff about Cena being a hard worker and being underrated but I just can't stand his character and I loathe that fucking salute he does

Can't see Rock winning though, he doesn't need it at all and seeing as he was always selfless any other time he's been in WWE I imagine he'd like to put Cena over and "pass the torch" so to speak

Archived