The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

A third season hopefully means they've secured some type of big TV deal. It really is tailor made for Netflix or something like that.

That such greatness is being seen by so few people is criminal. It literally feels like the future of the business.

Sorry to double post but I watched the first episode of season one today. Will give it another episode or two but I don't Think it's for me. It's very well produced but I'm really not liking the way it's shot.

If you're talking about the way the wrestling is shot, then stick with it. I seem to remember also feeling a bit put off by the camera work at first, but you definitely get used to it.

Will give it another go. The overhead camera shot when they're working on the mat is really distracting, took me right out of the main event.

Caught up on that new episode - just amazing. Smiled throughout. I wasn't too fond of seeing the lassie win the three-way just because it makes the other two look a little weak, right? But it still worked out and made quirky sense. That's fine with me. I'm trying to get my mates to watch it but they're like "I don't have enough time in the week to watch Raw and a second show..." Ditch Raw and watch LU and NXT, for christ sake!

Caught up on that new episode - just amazing. Smiled throughout. I wasn't too fond of seeing the lassie win the three-way just because it makes the other two look a little weak, right? But it still worked out and made quirky sense. That's fine with me. I'm trying to get my mates to watch it but they're like "I don't have enough time in the week to watch Raw and a second show..." Ditch Raw and watch LU and NXT, for christ sake!

I don't know about that, the few women on the roster are built up to be on a similar level to the guys and it wasn't like she dominated them throughout the match or anything. You kinda have to watch the show without RAW tinted specs.

I don't know about that, the few women on the roster are built up to be on a similar level to the guys and it wasn't like she dominated them throughout the match or anything. You kinda have to watch the show without RAW tinted specs.

Yeah that's fair, but I'd only seen bits of the first season. I knew the kidnapped girl (Sexy Star, is it?) was portrayed on a par but wasn't aware of others from what I'd seen. I was maybe thinking of someone tuning in for the first time, programmed to think that type of situation is too far-fetched. It might have put some people off. As I say, if it's fun to watch I'm not really bothered.

Love Ivelisse. Character is such an utter cunt but cant help but root for her. Mil Muertes is however probably the only person I couldn't possibly realistically think she could have a chance against. I'd like to see her somehow manouever herself back into another shot somewhere down the line and put off an upset though. Sexy Star looks like she'll be busy.

• Paid Members

I think they made it clear that Ivellise won by luck and taking advantage of a situation. Throughout she was presented as a tough chick who while couldn't hang back and forth with the blokes, could take an arse kicking and still come back for more. Her facial expression when she won and then realised she was facing Mil Muertes next is some of the best acting I've seen in wrestling in ages.

What I love is her character seems to echo her real life personality. It's not much of a stretch. WWE and TNA both ditched her supposedly down to her bad attitude and her social media posts don't exactly scream as awesome as Sasha for instance. But oddly it doesn't bother me. I think it slightly edges her above Catrina actually because outside of the show she seems a little boring.

I rememeber hearing that she was bullying Paige in NXT, no clue if there's any truth to that mind.

Yeah that's fair, but I'd only seen bits of the first season. I knew the kidnapped girl (Sexy Star, is it?) was portrayed on a par but wasn't aware of others from what I'd seen. I was maybe thinking of someone tuning in for the first time, programmed to think that type of situation is too far-fetched. It might have put some people off. As I say, if it's fun to watch I'm not really bothered.

I get you, i think my post sounded more dickish than it was meant to tbf. There seems to be another woman or two added this season if the roster pics i saw on Insta are to be believed.

Archived