Mick Foley Stand Up

Dingo Warrior

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anyone go to the Dublin show. Foley kept saying on his twitter, he was getting heckled by the crowd. How did Foley take being heckled? He's a sensitive soul, is Mick. I cant imagine him taking it well.

I can't speak for Dublin, but at the London show there were a couple of hecklers in the front row (bizarrely and randomly yelling out 'MAGIC BUS!', anyone know the connection?), and Mick did tell them to give it a rest after a few times, but when they wouldn't shut up, he got the sound guy to play Kurt Angle's WWE music and the audience chanted 'You Suck!' along with Mick. Funny, if a little cheesy.

• Awards Moderator
Did anyone go to the Dublin show. Foley kept saying on his twitter, he was getting heckled by the crowd. How did Foley take being heckled? He's a sensitive soul, is Mick. I cant imagine him taking it well.

I can't speak for Dublin, but at the London show there were a couple of hecklers in the front row (bizarrely and randomly yelling out 'MAGIC BUS!', anyone know the connection?), and Mick did tell them to give it a rest after a few times, but when they wouldn't shut up, he got the sound guy to play Kurt Angle's WWE music and the audience chanted 'You Suck!' along with Mick. Funny, if a little cheesy.

Sounds like a Simpsons reference to me - Homer shouting out arbitrary song requests at bands (I think it was actually The Who, but it might have been Phish). Terribly witty, no?

Mick did tell them to give it a rest after a few times, but when they wouldn't shut up, he got the sound guy to play Kurt Angle's WWE music and the audience chanted 'You Suck!' along with Mick. Funny, if a little cheesy.

Yeah, that happened in Sheffield. Mick seems like he'd be really uncomfortable if he got some proper comedy club heckles and I thought the "You will not be allowed to shout stuff out" speech he gave at the beginning was a bit shit- if he wants to be a stand up comedian he should learn to deal with the nobheads same as the other comics have to.

cannot wait for this tomorrow at the olympia.

gunna get mick to sign my universal uproar dvd and get a pick with him

from what ive read it will be an interesting night cannot wait

I didn't realise he was doing a show there, gutted when I found out.

Was the place full? Last time I went the Olympia was a few months ago for the Don't Buy the Sun Concert.

I went to his Sheffield show. I heard someone remark afterwards "He should have made it "an evening with Mick Foley"". His friend replied "Well, that's kind of what it was".

During the show, Foley said that "without giving too much away, I don't think that The Undertaker will wrestle again after Wrestlemania".

I think it sounds like Foley will have some sort of involvement in 'Mania, well he is doing the raffle thingy so I would have thought so. WWE are taking their time with him, I suppose they're just letting him get his tour out of the way first.

It was a great night, very funny, got to meet him before hand, the que for the meet & greet went all around the memorial hall, the place was packed, I reckon they could have sold out the actual City Hall itself, if they had tried.

Mick was really nice and wow is he well built, very stocky, I understand why his friends thought that he looked like a cactus now.

The MC was good, he said that Jericho/Punk might just steal the show at WM, and he rushed Mick towards the end to finish on time, which it did, 11pm sharp, Foley didn't get to take his time as much as he would have liked, I feel.

The support acts were great too, they do the local comedy club at the same venue, apparently. One of them was called Judge Mental back in the day, well that was his wrestling name, very inspired, I don't remember him though.

There were a few chatter boxes that were spoiling the enjoyment for some people, but Mick set them straight and they kept their mouths shut after that. I'd go again next time, for sure, if there is a next time, which I hope there will be and recommend these shows to anyone.

If anyone has watched An Evening With Kevin Smith then it was a trimmed down version of that, He did a bit of telling stories then they opened it up to the crowd. Overall is was a really enjoyable night and the supports were fantastic. I am regretting not buying Matryn Mor's DVD during the interval though and that Cobra got told he was too fat for a medium t-shirt :)

I am regretting not buying Matryn Mor's DVD during the interval though and that Cobra got told he was too fat for a medium t-shirt :)

I'll send you the bill for my counselling. Too fat for a medium indeed. I could almost cry in to my sausage sandwich.

• 3 months later...

*blows several inches of dust off of age old thread*

For anyone interested that doesn't already know... Mick will be taking his new show 'Prisoner Of Raw' to the Edinburgh Festival for a four night run at The Assembly Rooms. For information on tickets head for the Assembly Rooms website.

Also for anyone that came to the tour shows and enjoyed Mick's support acts some of them are taking shows to the festival as well.

Tony Jameson

Jim Smallman of Progress and The Slam fame has two shows. Lets Be Friends and Group Therapy.

Ian Smith.

Carl Hutchinson.

The mighty Brendon Burns.

Martin Mor.

All of them are worth a punt if you're in town for the fest.

• 4 months later...

Thought I'd bump this. Mick has tweeted there will be a one night only show in Birmingham on the Wednesday after smack down. "An evening with a wrestling heel" featuring William regal. Tickets and venue to be announced. With all the wee stars in the area got to think others will be there.

Thought I'd bump this. Mick has tweeted there will be a one night only show in Birmingham on the Wednesday after smack down. "An evening with a wrestling heel" featuring William regal. Tickets and venue to be announced. With all the wee stars in the area got to think others will be there.

If it wasn't on such short notice I'd be all over that show. I could listen to Regal talk for days about pretty much anything and not be bored I reckon. The two podcasts he did with Colt Cabana and the one he did for some comedy website a while back are absolutely tremendous. Hopefully if it goes well he may do some future shows.

Archived