Mick Foley Stand Up

Dingo Warrior

I thought the places he sold out on this tour would have been the first places to book for the next tour and then add in a few other venues. If he's went out of his way to mention that he will be back in Scotland later in the year he must be thinking well ahead, way past the February tour and i don't know if that's the right attitude he should have. I know some of the dates on his current tour did sell out but no one knows how well the February tour is gonna sell, i think he's taking it for granted that it's gonna sell out.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I doubt very much they're taking anything for granted, however they do know there's a definite market for Foley's stand-up & they also know which marketing methods work & which don't. They'll know which shows sold out quickest & therefore which cities have the highest demand.

Maybe you should have a crack at promoting a comedy tour? you seem pretty clued up on it.

• Paid Members

It's got fuck all to do with me? Why would I want to flyer a gig that I'm not involed with you tit. Chris (who booked & ran this tour) knows exactly what he's doing as proven by how successful the tour was. You're the one making assumptions on what 'they're taking for granted' etc.

I know it's nothing to do with you, that's why i said it. I'm not making any assumptions. Mick Foley himself said he will be in Scotland 'later in the year' that means he's already thinking past the February tour into a 3rd tour before tickets for the February tour have even went onsale. I was just thinking he should have hoped he sold enough tickets for the February tour to warrant a 3rd tour but it seems he is already looking into a 3rd tour.

I'm wary of booking tickets to the new show in case it's a lot of rehashed stuff. Anyway, why are so many Scottish -- particularly Glaswegian -- wrestling fans such bellends? It'd be one thing if it was just that div crazyshady, but loads of the fuckers seem to whinge endlessly whenever there's a wrestling-related UK tour not going there. I recall it during the TNA tour, and it's happened again with the Foley tour, even the comedians (either Brooker or Foley) took the piss out of it on the stand-up shows the other week. It must be embarrassing to those of you from there who aren't mongs.

I'm wary of booking tickets to the new show in case it's a lot of rehashed stuff. Anyway, why are so many Scottish -- particularly Glaswegian -- wrestling fans such bellends? It'd be one thing if it was just that div crazyshady, but loads of the fuckers seem to whinge endlessly whenever there's a wrestling-related UK tour not going there. I recall it during the TNA tour, and it's happened again with the Foley tour, even the comedians (either Brooker or Foley) took the piss out of it on the stand-up shows the other week. It must be embarrassing to those of you from there who aren't mongs.

I have to echo this, being from near Glasgow myself it pisses me off and I dont understand the poor us, whiney attitude that seems to crop up on every tour. Ive noticed it a lot on here. Fucking stop it. Right!

Anyway I saw Mick in stand Up last Sunday in NYC and it seriously sucked! It just wasnt funny. Granted he was hampered by the lame comedy regulars that run wrestling comedy there all the time but still even Foley's own parts were terrible.

• 3 months later...
Going to tonight's show at Cardiff Glee Club, really looking forward to it. Anyone caught of any the shows so far?

I went to the London show on Saturday night, and thought it was a decent night out for a wrestling fan. Is Foley the greatest stand-up in the world? No, but I wasn't really expecting him to be. The majority of his act is wrestling stories with a comedy twist on them. Some of them hit the mark, others felt a bit flat, but for the majority of the show the audience seemed to laughing a lot.

The compere Chris Brooker was funny as well. While Mick was signing stuff at the meet-and-greet beforehand, wrestling themes were playing in the theatre and when HBK's music came on he got on the mic and broke into a chorus of 'Sexy Kurt' from the HBK/Angle Mania feud. He also came back on stage after the warm-up act to Daniel Bryan's music, wearing a World Title he'd borrowed off someone in front row, and was giving it the full 'YES! YES! WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION' thing that Bryan does on Smackdown :laugh:

Not sure if I'd pay more than the

• Paid Members
A mate was at the Cardiff gig and said there was somebody walking around with a BWC bucket asking for donations.

Whats that all about? To my knowledge the BWC aren't a registered charity?

I wonder where that money ends up.

Yeah, there were a few people walking round with buckets collecting for them.

Enjoyed the show, as others have said, the comedy isn't great but his Wrestling related stories are worth the admission. He did pull out the penis suplex gag though. Mick didn't respond well to my 'Cactus Sack' comment when talking about his time in Japan, which my mates found hilarious. Some guy actually got kicked out after some constant shit heckling aswell. The queue for signings at end was ridiculous, looked easily a 2 hour wait so we didn't bother. Mick didn't look too pleased about it either.

Archived