Mick Foley Stand Up

Dingo Warrior

Thought I'd bump this. Mick has tweeted there will be a one night only show in Birmingham on the Wednesday after smack down. "An evening with a wrestling heel" featuring William regal. Tickets and venue to be announced. With all the wee stars in the area got to think others will be there.

That'd be me rather than Mick as I run the FoleyStandUp Twitter account. Sorry it's not the man himself. We're in the process of changing the name though as we'll be working with all kinds of guys as well as Mick in the coming months and, hopefully, years. Now the Twitter feed is @ErosComedy, hopefully we won't lose too many people when they realise we're not the Hardcore Legend. For what it's worth though, he has sat on the very couch I'm typing this from.

Yes, 'An Audience With A Wrestling Villain', I can't wait. Without giving too much away it's going to be a slightly cosier venue than the Foley shows as this is our chance to see how it goes. If it goes well then we may well be able to put together a proper tour with Mr Regal next year. Really, really excited.

I'll put venue & ticket details on here as soon as they're confirmed. More than likely going to have a meet & greet too but can't promise anything. May be a guest or two but can't promise anything either. Not that an hour in the company of Mr Regal isn't more than value for money of course.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Went to the Newcastle one last night. I thought Foley's 'act' was sharper and more engaging this time round, but fuck me, you don't half get some bellends at these gigs. Barely 2 minutes went by without some attention-seeking arsehole trying to 'get themselves over' (shudder) with a 'hilarious' chant or heckle. CM Punk fans are the worst - the worst, Jerry.

Went to the Newcastle one last night. I thought Foley's 'act' was sharper and more engaging this time round, but fuck me, you don't half get some bellends at these gigs. Barely 2 minutes went by without some attention-seeking arsehole trying to 'get themselves over' (shudder) with a 'hilarious' chant or heckle. CM Punk fans are the worst - the worst, Jerry.

Aye, that was the only downside to it, one or two just popping up with chants for no reason, you could see it started to bother Mick towards the end, but aside from the dumb few, it was a fantastic show...needed it after sitting through the misery at SJP haha!

Had a great time at Mick's show tonight, although i'm a little confused by the VIP tickets. I paid for one as i'd get a front row seat and the meet and greet. Yet we got there and row A was actually the 3rd row (luckily we were bang in the center so the view was great) and the meet and greet seemed to be open to everyone. I wouldn't mind, but being me and the Mrs paid extra for those tickets as opposed to regular ones, it doesn't sit too well with us. Either way, we had a crackin' night and Mick was a pleasure to meet as always. His show was great too, the man's stand up act gets better each go around.

And i left with this, so i'm feeling good lol..

68568_10151470028628558_1084941858_n.jpg

We had VIP tickets too, which I assumed was for the meet & greet. Turns out that they got us into the VIP lounge before the show. We were the only ones in there. As we were late getting there because of part of the A19 being closed, that meant that we got a free glass of champagne, a bowl of nachos and a two on one chat with the barmaid. Not the best

But, the important question. What happened to the bloke who asked the Hell in a Cell question? He seemed really upset by the piss taking from Foley, walked out and didn't appear to come back?! Maybe Chris Brooker can shed some light on this one?

LMAO! The whole Kurt Angle moment was epic! Feel bad for the guy if he really was that upset though.

As for the VIP thing, the tickets were sold by Ticketmaster as the only way to get the meet and greet and a guaranteed front row seat. So we were a little dicked off with the whole thing being that we got no front row seat and everyone seemed to get the meet and greet.

But, the important question. What happened to the bloke who asked the Hell in a Cell question? He seemed really upset by the piss taking from Foley, walked out and didn't appear to come back?! Maybe Chris Brooker can shed some light on this one?

LMAO! The whole Kurt Angle moment was epic! Feel bad for the guy if he really was that upset though.

As for the VIP thing, the tickets were sold by Ticketmaster as the only way to get the meet and greet and a guaranteed front row seat. So we were a little dicked off with the whole thing being that we got no front row seat and everyone seemed to get the meet and greet.

Same gag with the Angle theme happened at Newcastle too, so most likely a plant haha.

The meet and greet tickets were handled well up here, fans had to show their ticket beforehand if trying to get in for it, sucks to hear you guys getting dicked with the cost there like.

Same gag with the Angle theme happened at Newcastle too, so most likely a plant haha.

The meet and greet tickets were handled well up here, fans had to show their ticket beforehand if trying to get in for it, sucks to hear you guys getting dicked with the cost there like.

Lol, me and the Mrs did wonder if it was a plant.

As for the tickets, it was pretty frustrating given the the extra cost over the 2 tickets. Not that i blame Foley in the least, as the blame falls squarely with the organizers and the venue. Last year's tour as organized by Chris Booker and co. was much better organized IMO. The show itself this year was still fantastic however, as was meting Foley again.

Archived