Mick Foley Stand Up

Dingo Warrior

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait for Southend on Sunday as been to the London shows before and nice to have Mick and the show come to Essex. Just wondering who will be supporting him on the day. One thing is you can't beat a day in southend as long as its not windy.

Another really good show, 3rd time ive seen Foley now and he really is a good smooth act, Even though id heard most of the stories before it was a great show and id highly recommend it. Foley is a great guy too and signed 2 pages in my WWE ency. I saw one guy though who must of tried to get 7-8 items done.

Thumbs up.

Went to the show last night and I was really disappointed.

This was my third time seeing Mick having been to and enjoyed both the previous tours I was going along to this one with the wife for a nice treat on my birthday with high expectations and even hoping she might at least enjoy it a little bit. First of all, from a non-fan’s point of view, Brendon and Mick might as well have been speaking a different language I don't think the wife had a clue what was going on at any point, this didn't bother me but going off previous shows and what Mick says about the show himself I expected her to not be quite so alienated.

My main issue with the show is that I had heard all the material before; I didn’t really find anything laugh out loud funny then either let alone hearing it a second or third time. Brendon came out and went on about when he started fandangoing, the heckling great Khali story and took the piss out of Randy Orton, the Orton stuff was funny but I have heard him going on about the Khali story on Colt Cabanas podcast word for word, the fandangoing just came across as some stupid mark who was so happy he "got himself over" at the show it served very little purpose.

Mick himself, from what I can remember off the top of my head recapped the live sex star with a knee brace story, I may have read that in his book but I am sure it was also mentioned before at one of his shows, rambled in between, then repeated a story from the last tour about Jake Roberts pissing on him, took one question from the audience where he recapped the entire hell in a cell story that I have heard just about everywhere, previous two shows and all. That was it.

Show started at 7, luckily I got there just before that as I was under the impression doors were at half 6 and the show started at half 7, it was over before 9, warm up, first act and intermission included so it was much shorter than previous years. 2 guys got thrown out, I am not sure why but when we were at the bar just before 7 the bar staff just picked one of them out and said "he isn't lasting the night". The main thing that bothered me was the general wrestling fan there. It was fucking embarrassing, the tardiest of the tards were in attendance. We had some idiot behind me who had a socko on his hand and would just laugh every 5-10 seconds when there was a gap and then just say foley! like he had Foley tourettes or something "hahaha FOLEY", he also let out burps loud as can be not covering his mouth, pretty cringe worthy stuff. Anyway felt completely ripped off due to all the rehashed material, 100% of the show only being relevant to wrestling smarks and it just generally not being that interesting.

As long as people keep paying 22.50 he ain't overpriced. Peter kay charges double that and has made two lots of material last 10 years

I enjoyed the Foley show last year but I wouldn't go again. I really wouldn't recommend this for a fan of comedy but just a fan of wrestling. Foley wasn't brilliant by any means but it was great to see him in person. Personally I felt that his act seemed abit dated and it would have been better during the 2004-2008 period where he didn't make many wrestling appearances. Since then Foleys stock has dropped dramatically we all don't want to see him in a match and he is looking absolutely battered/dreadful. He's made a far too many shit appearences on RAW since making up with with the WWE which has made me not want to see him anymore, on screen, ever.

Archived