Mick Foley Stand Up

Dingo Warrior

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Whats the deal with merch being signed? His rep tweeted me saying Foley will only sign 1 item and what ever merchandise you buy there to be signed. Going to the show tomorrow at the Liverpool Olympia. Hope it isn't shit

I think the deal is you can have one signature and a pic. you can take something with you to get signed.

Went to the Show in Sheffield last night and I thought it was pretty good. The compere was pretty funny even though he had a pop at us UKFF lot (which seemed to go over the majority of folks head who strangely hadn't heard of this site. The cheek of some folk) saying we're all a bunch of self righteous wankers who'd probably jump on here straight away and say he had no workrate and was 2 star at best. He's probably right in fairness but he was definitely no better than 3 stars.

Can't remember the support acts name but the first fella used to wrestle under the name of Judge Mental a few years back and he was pretty funny and did a full set of wrestling related stories and jokes. The second guy was Irish and had me pissing myself with laughter. For anybody that was there the fat heckling guy is somebody I work with and I look forward to spreading the word of how he got made to look like a prick in less than 30 seconds when this big hairy tattooed comedian jumped off stage and started saying he got raped in prison. If I could remember his fucking name I'd probably try and track down his live DVD.

I had reasonably low expectations for Foley, I never thought he was going to top the previous guy in terms of laughs and there were plenty of moments where I was cracking up but personally I could have sat and listened to him talk about wrestling for a couple of hours had the stories been particularly funny or not. Some of the material is a bit disjointed but it wasn't a majorly big deal, I just wish there'd been less serious stuff about him doing his charity work with the USO. He definitely should have finished the set with his rendition of "Mandy" by Barry Manilow though. It was apparently the first time he'd done it on the tour and the two supports were stood next to where I was sat and they were doubled over with laughing. For anybody going to some of the remaining dates hopefully he'll do it because it was great.

It was nice to get a quick Q&A session in at the end as well and it was a whole 5 minutes before somebody mentioned being lobbed off the cell and it was just after 11 when they wrapped things up so you get a lot for your

Stefan Peddie and Martin Mor were the support acts.

Martin was selling his DVDs for a fiver during the interval.

Bugger, I'd have had one for a fiver.

More annoying is the fact that I've wanted a "Wanted Dead" shirt for years, finally got the chance to buy one and the cunt on the merch desk convinced me to get a large instead of a medium- got it home, tried it on and it's near enough down to my knees. I doubt I'm ever going to be able to wear it because it looks ridiculous so I'm a bit gutted about that tbh. 20 quid down the drain, On the bright side if I ever take up boating I'll have the perfect sail stuffed in a cupboard.

Stefan Peddie and Martin Mor were the support acts.

Martin was selling his DVDs for a fiver during the interval.

Bugger, I'd have had one for a fiver.

More annoying is the fact that I've wanted a "Wanted Dead" shirt for years, finally got the chance to buy one and the cunt on the merch desk convinced me to get a large instead of a medium- got it home, tried it on and it's near enough down to my knees. I doubt I'm ever going to be able to wear it because it looks ridiculous so I'm a bit gutted about that tbh. 20 quid down the drain, On the bright side if I ever take up boating I'll have the perfect sail stuffed in a cupboard.

Ask him on twitter if you can buy one.

@martinbigpigmor

anyone know the name of the 2nd support act last night? he was great, can't remember his name though.

I think it was Carl Jenkinson.

Also, Norwegian guy was... Interesting.

I was close... Carl Hutchinson.

(Jenkinson being the inept Arsenal right back.)

Full list of support on the tour here:

http://www.mickfoleystandup.co.uk/support/

Archived